One of the things I love the most about blogging is the ability to learn more about others. I honestly feel like I know some of my “blends” more than people in real life. I know what they eat, when they workout, what time they go to work. It may sound odd, but it’s part of what makes blogging fun, to me at least.
There are always more things we can learn about people, and I’m going to help you out with some today. I mean, you always wanted to know more random information about me, right?
Random Facts You Probably Didn’t Know
1. I used to eat snow. Let’s be honest, I ate snow this year, ha. I obviously look for clean snow, after a snowfall. It’s the texture I guess I love.
2. On that note, I used to eat sand. I don’t eat sand anymore…! I’m not exactly sure why I liked it, or why my parent’s let me eat it. It didn’t last long, but it’s probably the weirdest thing about me. I can’t believe I did it, but hey, whatever. (I didn’t have PICA or anything.. I was really young when this occurred.
3. I went to a Catholic School from Kindergarten through 8th grade.
4. I graduated with one other girl in 8th grade and 7 boys.. most of who were obnoxious and annoying.
5. I secretly love waking up in the middle of the night, around 1 or 2, and knowing I have hours left to sleep.
6. I have only ever wanted to be a teacher. I’m now rethinking that.
7. I’m very hard headed and stubborn. I will fight for what I want.
8. Having said that, I have a hard time selling myself and being a salesperson.
9. I would rather spend money on anyone else but me. I usually go into a store looking for myself but ending up by the men’s looking for Aaron.
10. I grew up asking for a swimming pool every year. I never got one.
11. We dock our boat in the river water, which looks less than pleasing. It’s never bothered me, and I sometimes get offended when people come on our boat and then freak out over the water. I’ve been going in lake or river water every year for 23 years and I’m fine.
12. I never used to like chocolate. I am still not a huge fan, but it’s grown on me. You won’t find me craving chocolate after dinner, or asking for a chocolate bar. Chocolate chip cookies, yes. Ha
13. I never worked out until college and actually did everything in my power to not workout during high school.
14. If I don’t sweat or workout, I feel like taking a shower is useless. I enjoy them much more when I’m sweaty (don’t worry.. I shower anyways!)
15. I hated my freckles for the majority of my like. I think it took until Aaron loved them and couldn’t wait for them all to appear in the summer for me to start liking them.
16. However, I hate the moles that have come along with the freckles.
17. I asked Aaron what people might not know about me.. his only response was, “You might have an unhealthy obsession with tea.” I call it staying warm in the winter, and you probably already knew I loved my tea, haha.
18. I am cold all.the.time. but I refuse to turn our heat up. It’s been on 65 since December. It was on 63 before that (except the air, then that is like 72 or 73). When you have to pay the bills, you will dress like it’s winter in the house too. It’s really not that bad. If you dress like it’s winter, in long pants and long sleeve shirt, you’re fine. If you dress in shorts and a T-shirt with it snowing outside, well, sorry!
19. I grew up being allowed to eat whatever I wanted and drink whatever I wanted. Contrary to popular belief, I think it was actually the best. My brother and I ate in moderation, enjoyed the things we wanted, and never felt deprived. We were less likely to go with those cravings, and wouldn’t over indulge. I had cousins who were never allowed to have sugar cereal, or cookies, or sweets. When they got their hands on it, they went wild. We weren’t like that. Maybe it was just us, but I think having access to it was also helpful.
20. I never dated anyone else. I started dating Aaron when I was 14 and he was the only one I ever dated.
Tell me 3 random things about you.
Would river and lake water gross you out?
(Don’t worry.. we will still be friends!)