I haven’t done one of these since Annabelle was 2 months, and every month I get upset that I forget. Thankfully, I made it a mission and got my act together. Brace yourself, it’s a long one and not at all typical since Annabelle woke up sick not that any days are typical.
- 5:15ish– Aaron’s alarm goes off and I hit him until he gets up. He snoozes a few more times and then I make him get up. I try to fall back asleep because I suddenly have a large stomach ache.
- 5:50- My alarm goes off to wake up and run. I still don’t feel great so I contemplate it, but ultimately knew I wouldn’t have time during her nap so I get up. You guys; it was SUCH a great run. I got in a 5k, with 10 minutes at 6.6, then :30/:30 alternating 8mph and 6 mph for 10 minutes, then 7.2 until I made it to 3.1 miles. I have been having a lot of round ligament pain when I walk so I wasn’t sure how it would go but it was so great.
- 6:30– Finish running, feed Benson, make tea, shower, put make up on, caught up on some blogs, dried my hair, drank some tea, and Annabelle woke up at 7 am.
- 7 am– Annabelle is awake, but she’s not really rolling around or doing much and instead still looks exhausted. I went in to get her and she was warm, coughing, nose running, and I knew she didn’t feel good.
- 7:05, come out on the couch, she drinks her milk, we snuggle and watch Good Morning America, and she is just not herself by any means. We end up watching Finding Dory and then Nursery Rhymes on Netflix while she just lays on me until 8ish. While we lay on the couch, she has her hand on my belly and her baby brother started kicking her. Melt my heart <3
- 8ish– Annabelle coughs so hard and ends up puking all over me. I carried her to the bathroom quickly and then I proceeded to puke in the sink because I just can’t do throw up. Ugh, time to change my clothes since it was all over me.
- 8:15– Make breakfast. Pancakes were on the agenda. I really didn’t feel good because I still hadn’t eaten anything since waking up, so they hit the spot. Annabelle wouldn’t eat fruit or yogurt, but still said more after she ate her pancake, so I gave her some Cheerios, and I ate some Frosted Flakes because I was still hungry.
- 8:40– Danced around to Rockin Robot and a bunch of other nursery rhymes I played on the speaker. She still didn’t seem great, but was playing a little bit in between sneezing, coughing, and blowing her nose. Ugh, poor kid. Also unloaded the dishwasher and got the kitchen clean from breakfast and made another cup of tea.
- 8:56 – Finished getting ready by straightening my hair.
- 9:00 – back to playing and reading tons of books
- 9:40 – My mom stops over. She graciously said she’d watch Annabelle while I went to a doctor’s appointment. We played and sang songs until 10:20 when Annabelle went down for her first nap, I grabbed two caramel rice cakes and headed to my doctor’s appointment.
- 10:45 Arrive at my 24 week appointment. Things went pretty quickly and well! Baby boy’s heartrate was 140 and I’m measuring all on track, if not a bit ahead.
- 11:15 headed to TJ Maxx to look for navy blue nursery things and can’t find anything! Honestly I’m striking out so much. Ended up getting a text from my mom that A didn’t nap well and coughed so much she woke up after 40 minutes. Poor babe.
- 11:30 Checked out, because naturally I still bought Annabelle something and then dropped off a chair to my BIL and SIL’s house on my way home. Came home and Annabelle curled up on me.
- 12:00 Started making lunch. Pizza bagel for me with carrots and oranges. Annabelle had leftover burrito bowl, apple, and broccoli. She actually ate pretty well after not eating much the last few days, so I was pleasantly surprised.
- 12:45 Headed downstairs to the basement to try and find a way to rearrange things. It’s a decent size basement but we just couldn’t use it to its capacity for Annabelle. I was determined to find a better system.
- 1:26– Turned my back for a minute, Annabelle found paint, took the cap off (!!) and was finger painting on the floor. Ugh, a mess! Cleaned up all of that and then came back upstairs for a few minutes. Annabelle has actually been peeing and pooping on the potty for the last few days (not consistently by any means but she showed an interest so we’re rolling with it). She peed and pooped so she got 3 mini chocolate chips! Woo!
- 1:35 My mom ended up coming back over. She was up at the mall and stopped on her way home because she was going to help me rearrange the basement. While Annabelle bounced around in the jumparoo she’s much too big for but we never put away, or ran around the basement, we moved things around and made it look so much better! There’s so much room for toys. I’m excited to hopefully use it more often!
- 2:30 Annabelle started getting fussy and I put her down. She fell asleep 5-10 minutes later. We finished up the basement around 3:15.
- 3:15 My mom headed out, I grabbed some pretzels and hummus and my computer and sat down to watch some Grey’s Anatomy on Netflix while typing up this post.
- 3:40 Annabelle is up. These naps today are terrible.
Seriously.. are you still with me? Almost over…
4:00 Thought A went back to sleep, but she didn’t, so I got her up. We cuddled on the couch and continued watching Finding Dory. She ate some crackers and cheese as a little snack, too.
- 4:35 Aaron came home from work and the cuddles moved from me to him. I started cooking dinner, he built a rollercoaster toy for Annabelle, we had some more dancing parties.
- 6:00 Dinner Time! Cheesesteaks with Quinoa/Brown rice was on the menu for us. Usually Annabelle eats what we eat but it’s not her favorite, so she had her favorites instead.
- 6:35 Bath time! I knew it’d be an early night so we decided to bathe her right after so when she was tired, she was ready to go. I cleaned up the kitchen, ran the dishwasher, cleaned the counters. Aaron handled bath, then we met up and read books and played around her room.
- 7:30 Annabelle went to bed. Aaron and I were exhausted and the couch called our name. I’m typing this up before the end of the night because #exhaustedmama .
- 7:45– Some cinnamon rolls were made, TV watched, tea consumed, and I read some of my book.
- 10:00 lights out and asleep I go. Taking care of a sick kiddo is so hard but I’m so glad I had off yesterday and will have off today.
So there you have it! More about my day than you ever wanted to know, ha. Typically we play all morning, head to the play area at the mall (my plan this morning), or the library (my plan for this afternoon), and don’t watch TV. I’m not against it by any means but we typically just listen to music, dance, and play way more. I also don’t usually make appointments for times during naps, but I rescheduled it during the week she was going to 1 nap, then that didn’t happen anymore and I forgot to change it, oops.
What did you eat for dinner last night?
Linking up with Amanda for this random, yet always interesting to read other’s, thinking out loud post.