When I was pregnant, two months felt like forever. Now that Annabelle is here, two months feels like a blink of an eye! I cannot imagine our life without her! This month she has definitely become more alert and is showing more of her personality every day!
- Weight: 12.1 lb
- Height: 22 1/4 in
- Head Circumference: 38.5 head
- She’s wearing size 1 diapers and is in 0-3 month clothes, though she may be out of some of them soon!
I usually get a really good nap in the morning, around 2-2 1/2 hours. Her lunchtime nap is usually 45 minutes, and then if we’re out doing errands, she sleeps for about 1 1/2-2 hours in the afternoon and then usually a 45 minute nap early evening, and another 30ish minute nap around 7. She lets me know when she’s tired. Usually, she gets fussy about 10 minutes or so before she is ready to go down and then I give her her binky. That’s basically her cue that it’s sleep time and she starts closing her eyes. I lay her in her crib or swing awake but she goes to sleep on her own. We did get the Miracle Blanket this month because she kept coming unswaddled in her old one. It’s been working but she did come out the one night!
She is usually awake an hour before ready for another nap. It can sometimes be 45 minutes, but typically an hour, and evenings are sometimes an hour and 15 minutes. That includes time feeding, changing diaper and such!
The beginning of this month she was still up twice a night, then dropped to once, and for two weeks (over Thanksgiving) we had some rough nights. She was up every couple hours, and back to taking forever to fall back to sleep. There were many nights I had hardly any sleep, and many days that began at 4:30/5 because I couldn’t get back to sleep. Turns out she was going through her first “Leap” for Wonder Weeks towards the end of week 5/beginning of week 6. Combine that with a growth spurt at week 6 and it was a bit of a mess. Once we got through that, our nights have become much better! She goes to bed between 8:15-8:45ish. Her bedtime routine either includes a bath or just lights out, sound machine on, change diaper and into PJs, and fed a bottle from Aaron. She’s then swaddled and goes to sleep. It typically takes 5-10 minutes for her to fall asleep. She has been getting up once a night, but I”d LOVE to see that drop to none! She eats from one side (typically) at night and goes back to sleep. Again, she definitely fusses and tosses and turns for a good bit before falling asleep, leaving me wide awake and struggling to get back to sleep.
Annabelle eats every 2-3 hours during the day. Her first morning nap is usually longer so it’s sometimes 3 1/2 until she eats, but the rest of the day she is somewhere between 2-3. She eats more at night, I feel like, as she doesn’t nap quite as long and knows she eats when she wakes up. I wait until she makes her cues (smacking her lips together, and then crying) just to make sure she’s hungry but she typically is. She takes a bottle with no problem, and gets one every night before bed, where she eats anywhere from 2-4 oz, depending how long since she last ate.
She typically gives us some good burps but sometimes she doesn’t and that results in spit up. We haven’t had any more throwing up incidents (knock on wood) but spit up isn’t super uncommon. Sometimes she’s just too excited to look around and doesn’t want to burp, haha.
She eats about 8-10 minutes on one side and then 3-5 on the other. She’s very adamant when she is done! She will push with her hands, close her mouth, and scream. It’s pretty comical!
Things I want to remember:
- Her sneezes. She sneezes twice (usually) which are the cutest, and then she lets out a little moan, as if it was the hardest thing she’s done.
- The way she smiles when she sees Aaron or me. It starts small and then it’s a huge gummy smile, and her eyes usually close she’s so happy.
- She loves her lights on the gym mat. She will look at them and then talk away.
- She loves the Christmas lights and TV. I aim to not have her look at the TV but the movement is her favorite. She also looks at the Christmas lights in wonder.
- How she is now moving her legs and trying to grab her toes.
- How happy she is on her changing pad and the smiles she gives when we’re on it. Sometimes we just hang out there because she loves it!
- How fast her faces change. She can go from smiling to pouting in a matter of seconds.
- As sad as they are, her crocodile tears. She hardly cries but the tears flow so quickly!
- Christmas music
- mommy and daddy
- Tummy Time
- Her gym mat
- Her changing pad (loves it!)
- Fresh Air
- Having a dirty diaper
- Being hot
- Being tired
- If she’s starving she’s miserable
- Having a burp she can’t get out
- Putting her arms in clothes
- Her carseat if we’re not moving
We are going through the next Wonder Week for week 8 and it is spot on. She has recently found her hands and feet. She now starts grabbing toys, and has been rolling onto her side and from her side to her back or front (not rolling!). We try to get out during the day, but some days it’s nice to just chill and I get work done. This month we did get her a bedtime and have a bedtime routine now. I’m SO thankful she isn’t up being fussy from 9-12 anymore!
I can’t believe she’s 2 months already and how much I could fall more in love with her every day! I love being her mom, even being sleep deprived and with days that aren’t so great! I love you, Annabelle!