6 months. A half year. I cannot believe it. Aaron and I realized she was going to be 6 months the weekend before and we both got a little sad! I can’t believe she’s been with us this long, but can’t remember life without her. I was trying to remember pregnancy the other day when talking to a friend and it seems like so far away!
- Height: 26 1/4 in
- Weight: 18 lb 6 oz
- Head: 43 cm
- She is in size 2 diapers, though I moved her to size 3 at nighttime. She wasn’t leaking, but her diaper was so full in the morning, and the size 3 seems to help keep it off of her body a little more.
- Her clothes are 3-6, or 6 months, though she’ll be moving up. A couple weeks ago I did buy a few pants that were 6-9 months. The 3-6 were capris on her! Her little belly was also getting a little squished! Thankfully the weather warmed up and she’ll fit in her 6-9 month wardrobe!
Like I mentioned, we are no longer breastfeeding. She eats 5 oz 4 times a day and 6 oz before bed. We started solids recently and started with oatmeal. She was a fan for a few days but not anymore. She’s actually been a fan of everything at first and then became picky after eating it once. I’m not sure what her favorites will be! She loves banana in a food mesh teether, though!
We have done a bit of the BLW as well, and she’s had sweet potato fries and avocado. She’s loved both but I’m not ready for complete BLW at the moment.
I’ve started food slowly and really just follow her lead. If she doesn’t want it, oh well. I know food is just for fun right now and she’s eating enough formula.
Naps are a struggle. She stays up about 2 hours, give or take. It’s about an hour and a half it seems before the first nap, though. Her naps range from 30-45 minutes, except for the afternoon. I still swaddle her for that one and it can be 2-3 hours. I need to stop, but she just still can’t get through the sleep cycle to get a long nap in! I don’t know what to do. If ANYONE has any tips, let me know. If she gets a long nap in, she takes 3 naps. If she doesn’t, then she’ll take 4.
She was amazing in Houston and went with the flow. Sometimes her naps were 10 minutes, and sometimes an hour. Naps are definitely my downfall and I know she needs to be out of the swaddle for good, but I can’t bear to make her so overtired
Annabelle goes in for a bath at 7:15 and wakes up around 6:30-7. The week before we went to Houston she started sleeping through the night, and continued for a few days when we got home. Then one night she had a fever and just didn’t sleep well. I woke up to see her just staring on the monitor and then she was just restless for over 45 min. The next night she was up for over 2 hours and nothing was helping her. I’m not sure if it’s teething or what. I know she can sleep all night, but it’s not always working.
She did start going down for bed easier and it’s made a huge difference. I used to dread bedtime because I never knew how it would be. It was really hard when Aaron was gone and it was just me dealing with it.
New this month:
She is rolly polly ollie! Girl will roll to the other side of the room in the blink of an eye! She loves going after toys and will reach and roll until she gets them. She has started walking backwards in her walker, too. Not much, but still moving!Annabelle loves the jumparoo, too! She’s been using it for twoish months, but the past few weeks she has really been taking to it and jumping up and down. Raspberries. Oh my she blows them and bubbles and it’s hilarious! A has also been sitting up herself and taking some steps in the walker!
- Bath time
- Jumping in her jumparoo
- When dad comes home
- Putting anything and everything in her mouth
- Mom and Dad’s water bottles (she chews on the top rubber part)
- Bottles. She knows when they’re coming
- Blowing raspberries
- When everyone is in the room. She gets upset when she’s alone
- Car rides
- Her elephant blanket
- Violet the dog
- Things that light up
- Trying to sit like a big girl (so close!)
- Grabbing her toes, and pulling socks off
- Being naked
- Rolling around
- Stroller walks and runs!
- Warm bedroom when she sleeps
- Trying to burp
- Not pooping easily
- Being overtired
- Getting her nose wiped
Things I want to remember:
- The way you will start blowing raspberries at us and think you’re hilarious
- How you talk to us and just chat away thinking about who knows what
- The smiles you give us when we get you from your crib
- The hugs and kisses you give me
- How funny you are going after everything we are eating or drinking. You will practically nose dive trying to get to it!
- Your first airplane! You were so great on the flights!
- Your first trip to Houston. We had a blast
- You loved swimming! You would kick your feet when you were in the raft, but if we held you, you would splash with your hands.
- Your smiles. You are such a happy girl!
- Your little rolls basically covering up your wrists!
We love you sweet girl and can’t wait to see what this next month brings us! You are such a joy!