Annabelle continues to bring joy to our lives every single day. Whether it’s reaching those arms towards us, or babbling away, she definitely knows who mommy and daddy are, and there’s no stopping her when she wants us! I love seeing her discover new things in the world, and smile thinking back on the day each night. I can’t believe 2/3 of her first year is over, but each day just keeps getting better and better with our sweet girl!
- Weight: 20ish pounds
- Height: 29 in as of 2 weeks ago
- Head: No idea
Annabelle currently wears 6-9 or 9 month clothes, though I’ve stopped buying those sizes and just buy 12 month. They’re a little big but I’d rather have extra time now for her to wear them. She wears a size 3 diaper.
She still gets Prevacid in the morning before her bottle. We upped the dosage this month after a few reflux episodes. She has been doing great though since then.
So we were doing really well with naps since nap training her. But sadly we’ve regressed a bit. The past 2ish weeks have been a bit on the rocky side. Here and there we can get longer ones- sometimes hour and a half- 2ish hours, but not always. At the beginning of the month, 2- 1 1/2 hour naps were common during the day. Now I may get one long one, and one like 20 minutes. Not so fun! But, I know everything is a phase. Honestly, she gets awoken by I guess having to poop and then she’s awake and there’s no going back. The 3rd nap is hit or miss. If she has 2 other good naps, it doesn’t happen. It’s a very tricky one to get her down for.
She has done great at night, knock on wood. Besides a few occasional overtired nights that makes her a little more difficult to get to sleep, she goes to bed anywhere from 7-8, depending if she took that third nap or not. She wakes up anywhere from 6:15-7 (though we did have a few 7:15 and 7:45 days!) but I don’t get her out of her crib until 7.
She gets 4 bottles a day. They have 6 oz in them, with the bedtime bottle at 7 oz. She eats at 7ish, 11:15, 3:30 and bedtime.
She eats solids three times a day, around 8, 12, and then dinner when we eat. She gets either our food or purees. It honestly depends on what we’re having. She’s my carb lover for sure! She loves toast, Kodiak pancakes, scrambled eggs, ham, and cheese for breakfast. Lunch is usually a puree of some kind. She loves applesauce, squash, sweet potato, carrots, mixed veggies, apples, bananas, mixed berries, chicken and rice, vegetable dinner, veggies and rice. Annabelle definitely prefers the orange veggies. Dinner has been what we eat for the most part. Girl loves chicken, meatballs, will eat steak but still a little rough, rolls, mashed potatoes, yogurt, hot dog, broccoli. She doesn’t really like the veggies we eat for the most part. I think she just has a hard time picking them up to eat them. Annabelle also loves pizza 🙂 We have been having grilled pizza every Friday and she definitely enjoys it!
She still has no teeth, but that hasn’t stopped her!
New this month:
- She’s crawling!! Started that right before she turned 8 months. Also learned to sit up from a laying position.
- Annabelle doesn’t like to stop. She still loves her walker and goes all over in it.
- She sits in the big girl tub now!
- Went on the boat for the first time!
Those are her biggest developments this month!
Things I want to remember:
- Her waving at us
- Her squeals of excitement when she sees us after nap or in the morning. her whole body tenses up and she gets so excited.
- The way her legs stiffen up whenever she is excited about something.
- How fast she crawls to Aaron or I when we go into another room.
- The way she’s taking in all new info. You can see her brain just racing and learning lots!
- Walking around the house holding on to mommy or daddy’s fingers
- Picking Grass
- Swimming in a pool
- Going on the boat
- Being tickled by mommy
- Her Walker
- Picking toys up and throwing them
- Pulling Benson’s fur
- Being Outside
- Walks and runs in the stroller
- Bathtime, though it’s not mommy or daddy’s favorite because girl’s on the move! She doesn’t want to sit.
- Chatting away, especially in her crib
- Running after mommy and daddy in another room
- Playing peek a boo
- People she isn’t used to
- Being left in a room by herself
- When she’s hungry
- Someone else putting her to bed, making nights out very difficult
- Being told no
- Being tired (yay for less naps these days… ha)
- Sleeping in new places, or napping new places
- Throwing her food and then wanting it. But who does like that?
Each month gets better and better with this little one! Being her mommy makes me the happiest <3 We love you sweet girl!