I remember being so anxious last year at this time. I wasn’t sure when I’d be having this sweet baby girl, or anything about her! I spent moments dreaming about her personality, what she’d look like, what color eyes she’d have and what color hair. It’s hard to believe she’s been with us for 11 months already! Time is not slowing down anytime soon; if anything, it’s going even faster! Days are filled with never wanting it to end, counting down until bedtime to have a second to breathe, and then immediately missing her because she’s asleep. I never knew you could have this much love for a baby, and even though we surely have hard moments/hours/days, it’s absolutely worth it.
Weight: 23 lb
Height and head I won’t know until next month at her 1 year check up.
She is wearing size 9-12 clothing, but some t shirts (not onesies) are 18 months because the 12 are so short on her! Actually the 18 months are sometimes too short. I didn’t realize she had a long torso until we started putting her in shirts.
She takes 2 naps- 10:30 and 3ish. The second nap is anywhere from 3-3 1/2 hrs from when she woke up. Her first nap is anywhere to 45 min- 2 hours. I typically wake her by 12:15 so I know she’ll get an afternoon nap in.
Bedtime is anywhere from 7:45-8:30. If she naps until 5ish (or later!), it’s closer to 8:30. Honestly, it’s easier to just wait until she’s tired and then we go from there, and that changes everyday. If she is ready at 7:30ish then she goes in. We’re pretty lenient with that. She wakes up around 7, sometimes before, and this past month sometimes she slept in (!!!).
Annabelle eats solid food 3 times a day in addition to three bottles at 7, 2ish, and bedtime. She eats her solids at 8ish, lunchtime (12-12:30), and when we eat dinner. Her favorites are still the same as last month. I also wrote more about her feeding here.
I will note this past month, her appetite has come and gone. For over a week she was sick with a cold and took maybe an ounce or two of her afternoon bottle. Some days she wouldn’t take any of it and we would give her a snack when she got up from nap if she needed it to make it until dinner. Some meals she just doesn’t want (along with bottles). Some days she had less than 10 oz of milk, but it was really hard for her to drink her bottle with how congested she was.
I’ve tried offering her milk in her water bottle to see how she does, but she’s not a fan of the taste. Some afternoon bottles I’ve mixed half and half and she doesn’t usually notice it is even in there.
New this month:
- Working on standing on her own. She can do it, but isn’t a huge fan.
- First steps! She took a few steps a couple different times. Nothing consistent, though!
- No more Prevacid! What a relief that was! She seems completely fine without it, too.
- First time having a high fever (103.5).
- Shakes her head no.
- Another double ear infection from a cold.
- Climbing everything and anything
- Flying like an airplane
- Snuggling with mommy and daddy after naptime
- Runs/Walks in her stroller
- Puffs in her cup holder in her carseat
- Putting objects into baskets or bins
- Doing things on her own- Miss Independent
- The boat, swimming, anything to do with water.
- Other kids
- Turning light switches on and off.
- Most recently, bath time
- Diaper changes
- Having her temperature taken
- When mom or dad leave the room
What I want to remember:
- How you nose dive into us and get some snuggles. You go from kneeling to just throwing yourself at us.
- How you love to share your food, or pretend to share and then shake your head and take it back.
- How much energy you have and how you want to go, go, go all the time.
- Your first pair of tennis shoes! The most adorable things, ever.
- You are starting to enjoy books and will get them from the bin and bring us them. It’s so fun.
- How you’ll snuggle on the couch after your morning bottle.
- The snuggles I’ve been getting for nap times since you have been sick.
- How you’ll put your legs around me and head on my chest and wrap your arms around me. It’s the best.
- The hugs and kisses you love to give us when we ask.
- Your face when music comes on.
- The huge smile you give when you pet Benson
- You were given an electric car from your cousin Madison and watching you ride it is hysterical! You don’t even want to get off!
- You will go into the cabinet that has the mixer and start pulling out the attachments and bowl while laughing and smiling. You LOVE to help us bake!
This month has been so fantastic, minus the sickness. Thankfully besides the ear infections right now, she has been a trooper with all the fevers and things going on. Annabelle is SUCH a funny and happy girl. We are constantly complimented on her and others notice her personality coming through like crazy. We love showing her off and taking her places because she has so much fun. I’m eager for her to experience fall, but can’t believe her first birthday party is a month from today! I’ll be over here crafting/crying/and in full party planning mode until then. There are some nights Aaron and I look at each other and just laugh at how goofy she is, and then pour ourselves a beer or glass of wine after she goes down because she’s exhausting! Ha The girl does not stop!
We love you so much, baby girl! Here’s to another fantastic month!