I’m a few days behind but now is as good a time as ever to set new goals for the month ahead, and take a look at last month’s and see how well I did.
1. Work on that plank goal. Bring it up to 2:30.
For real this month!
2. Strength train 3 days a week and cardio 2 days (walk, run, or plyometrics) and a third cardio if feasible.
I feel my best when I’m following this type of schedule. My workouts aren’t usually more than 30 minutes, and breaking up cardio and strength training has been the most beneficial to me.
3. Meal plan to stay accountable with my eating.
I feel this is also a fitness goal because the healthy eating helps me to feel better and be able to get those workouts in. Ideally every week would include all home cooked meals but if I can at least plan 5 of them and follow through, I’ll be happy. Plus, grocery bill might be a bit smaller, too!
4. Try out a new workout each week.
I tend to stick to my own workouts and then when I find ones I like, I keep doing those. I want to branch out and try other’s that I save all the time!
5. Continue to enjoy running and not force myself to do it.
I’ve been doing great with this the past week or so, and want to continue. There’s no reason to force myself to get in long runs and go running when I don’t want to, but I don’t want to use this as an excuse to never run, because I do love it.
And now.. let’s look back at July’s goals!
1. Water… water…water.
Did much better with this! I’ve carried a water bottle with me and worked on drinking more throughout the day as opposed to just morning and night.
2. Run outside with Annabelle 2 times a week.
I really didn’t track if it was 2 times a week but I know we did go on several runs and walks, too. Some days I just didn’t have the energy to run with the jogging stroller, ha!
3. Enjoy vacation without the stress of working out.
YESSS!! Didn’t workout at all and didn’t stress out over it. I enjoyed the days for all they had!
4. Bring my plank up to 2:30 minutes!
Um, fail. Didn’t really even attempt this.
5. Run 5 miles (or more ) at least once a week
Not so much. I did run 5 miles I think 2 weeks, but this month just hasn’t been my season of running. I’m enjoying it when I do run, but not forcing myself to get distances in. I like it that way, for now!