With a baby boy coming our way after having a little girl a little over a year ago, I feel like I’m right back to the registry stage of “what do I really need?” I do not miss that crazy registry as a first time mom! But, there are definitely things I need for having a second baby, and some things I want. I thought I’d share some of those today!
- Double Stroller– I researched a lot for this one. I foresee a lot of walks in our future, and wanted one that was flexible. I didn’t want one that was just a sit and stand because Annabelle will only be 19 months and sometimes, girl needs to be strapped down! I also wanted one that went with our current car seat. I ended up getting this Graco Ready2Grow stroller for a very good price a few months ago and I’m eager to use it!
- Diaper Bag– okay this is totally a want and I already have it. I saw this adorable one on Target’s website and thought a backpack would be nice to have with kiddo #2 so I put it on my Christmas list just seeing if I’d get it. Well, I did and I ended up switching to it Saturday after my pregnant body couldn’t handle a diaper bag, coats, Annabelle on my hip, and walk up stairs. I was basically a train wreck. Already I am in love!
- Humidifier– Not so fun but definitely needed
- Heaters– I could use anyone’s reviews for room heaters! I want something safe. Annabelle loves her room very warm, so she always has one on, but I would like safer. Her new room is also freezing with 3 walls to the outside, so I for sure need good ones!
- Sound Machine– after numerous breakages with sound machines, we landed on this Homedics Sound Spa and it’s been great. I love that it has the option of using batteries (which had come in very handy!).
- New Monitor– I am not willing to give up watching Annabelle on the monitor (girl doesn’t make noises when she wakes up and you just have no clue!) so when I found a great deal on a monitor with two cameras on Black Friday, I went for this one since it was approximately $30 more than just buying an additional camera for the one we currently have.
- Glider – I found one on a Facebook market page for $25 which is going to go in Annabelle’s new room and I am excited for it. It’s definitely not the best, but I rarely sit in the glider with her except reading stories before bed. I knew I wanted to continue that but I didn’t need anything fancy, so the good one stays in the baby’s nursery where I’ll be doing a whole lotta sitting!
- New Garage door opener– A mom can wish, right? Annabelle’s new room is right over the garage and I’m terrified of it waking her up (it’s LOUD!) so we’re in talks to figure out how to soften it. I know she’ll get used to it (my old bedroom was over our garage at my parent’s) but I’m nervous and want to save the trouble of adjusting to that, ha.
- Nursery bedding and decor– Annabelle’s favorite thing she must sleep with is an elephant blanket. It’s small and she has absolutely loved it, so naturally we new we’d need one for baby #2 (did I mention I’m obsessed with how much she loves it?) It’s from Pottery Barn, so I went on and they had a bear option. We both loved that and decided just like elephants were pretty much Annabelle’s theme, we’d go with baby bears for baby #2. It’s not an overarching theme by any means, but just touches here and there like elephants were for Annabelle. I’m thinking Navy blue (the room won’t be painted) and bear touches throughout the room. We also happened to have found an adorable Baby Bear sign when we were in Hobby Lobby right after our gender ultrasound! Aaron saw it and fell in love, so we scooped it up. Here’s my inspiration for the nursery. Who knows if it will come to life or what may happen, but I’m having fun dreaming of boy things!