I ended up having a short day at work yesterday, but it didn’t feel so quick. The kids were dismissed at 12, which meant I was able to leave. Who knew 3 hours could feel like forever!! Add that onto my awful day on Thursday (I’ll give you a hint, it ended with me being kicked and pulled on, while screaming, crying, and throwing himself on the ground. I was in first grade. Luckily, it wasn’t just for me!) and you have me as excited as ever for the weekend! Or a drink. One or the other works!
The school I was at yesterday was pretty close to a few errands I needed to run. One being Bed, Bath, and Beyond for yet more registry annoyance! I swore I registered for something, but when I went to show Aaron, it wasn’t there. And it wasn’t online to add from the computer. So I drove there, waited for someone to come to the registry counter, only for her to say it is on there. Ugh! No idea what was going on, but I just left it at that and said see ya!
After that, I happened to be near my favorite store: Trader Joes! I ran out of Cookie Butter yesterday (the horror!) so I obviously had to stop for that! I managed to pick up some flowers for my momma, some sweet potato tator tots (cannot wait to try these!) and a few snacks for Aaron on his flight tomorrow. I’d say it was productive
I also managed to get half of my workout done before work, and a treadmill interval workout in after work. I was actually glad I didn’t do my running before school. I needed to run my frustration away! Haha
My dad also sent me this text yesterday, which meant I needed to get some baking done! They take a very long time to make, so I have no pictures of the finished product yet! I’m sure they will be tasty, though
Clearly we know who the baker is in the family!
Since April decided to fly by and let us enter May quickly, Melissa’s Organization Challenge has ended!
Let’s take a look again!
- Organize my blog pictures into folders based on month, and topic. Complete.
- Clean out my hard drive on my Mac computer- I am OUT of space and can’t upload pictures from my computer. Complete.
- Learn how to sync pictures onto my network from my Mac so I can organize those even more. Complete.
- Organize what needs to be finished for our wedding and get rolling on sending papers in and making appointments. Complete.
- Make sure my paperwork is all updated for teaching and start making more of a progress into the job hunt! Complete.
- Clean out my car. Complete.
- Create a password keeper, and change most of my passwords that are ridiculously easy, and terrible passwords! Aaron has been on me about this for a while, so this month it is happening! Hasn’t happened yet. I do have faith it will happen by the end of April, though! I just keep forgetting to ask Aaron which program he uses so that I have someone to bother when I’m confused!
- Start going through objects in my room and see what I have held on to for no reason and things I can get rid of. It is going to be extremely difficult to throw things away that I had held on to for no reason, but with a move in the near future, it has to be done. Done. I went through all of my clothes, and switched out for seasons. I threw out things I didn’t wear this year, and can’t see myself wearing again. I still have a lot of things in the attic that I really can’t get to yet, so those haven’t been looked at. I know lots more will be thrown out when I move, but I feel good about what I’ve done so far!
I’d say I did pretty well this month! I know I have a lot more things to organize and clean, but for how busy my month was, I really accomplished a lot. I liked the idea of having goals to do for the month, so I think I will continue on into May with a new set! Thanks Melissa for having this challenge!
What did you do yesterday? What are you doing today? What is your favorite store? Have you accomplished your spring cleaning, yet? What’s your favorite pancake recipe? I need a healthy one to devour!