Hi guys! I’ve had a quite a wonderful week this week and hope you have, too!
1. Aaron and I adopted a kitten!! We are so excited about it I had to leave my family’s cat when I moved, Myste, and she was my little baby. She slept with my every night and was the happiest with me. After a few nights of going to bed alone and missing her, Aaron and I talked about getting a kitten sooner rather than later. We both knew we wanted one now, though. He wants dogs in the future, but with our unpredictable work schedules, we felt it wasn’t fair to the puppy!
Meet Benson: (or Little Benny as I like to refer to him!)
He is quite the energetic man! My mom came with me to pick him up yesterday. Aaron and I went to the Humane Society on Wednesday and looked at a bunch of kittens but fell in love with him. He needed to get neutered yesterday so we had to leave him there From the moment I picked him up, I fell in love and knew I wanted him. Not only was he cuddly and sweet, but he was also playful! I was glad we had toys for our ride home because he was in a very excited mood! We came home and I introduced him into my room, which he explored, and played for over an hour! I could tell he was getting tired, so I put him in the carrier to let him sleep. Such a cute bugger! Haha I love him!
I’m not sure why he looks so big, but he’s very tiny. He only weighs 2.8 pounds and is 10 weeks old! Such a baby but we love him!
2. Make sure you head over to Alyssa’s blog today! I’m guest posting
3. Since the summer weather has been all over the past few weeks, we try to use the boat whenever possible. Tuesday night turned out to be, what we thought, a good night! However, it ended up being chilly, and my mom and I covered ourselves with towels. Aaron managed to get in the water to wakeboard. Turns out his board that he uses wasn’t down there, so he used my pink board. And guess what? He loves it! Between the pink board and purple handle, he wasn’t feeling too masculine out there! Haha
4. This weekend is Aaron’s Fantasy Football draft, and lucky for me, it’s at our house! Ha. I will not be here for it (or at least all of it but might stick around for a bit to make sure Benson is ok!). However, I will be supplying food! As you all know, I love to bake, so I am pretty excited about this actually. I think everyone is bringing something (or most people), but I am making Buffalo Chicken Dip, Bacon Cheese Ball, Chocolate Chip Cookies, Brownies, and Sugar Cookies. I hope there are leftovers!
5. My Cousin Bridget (who I talk about all the time!) went off to college yesterday! I can’t believe she is that grown up. My brother, Aaron, and I met up with her and her brother Shawn for dinner on Monday. Not only was my buffalo chicken salad delicious, as always, but it was a perfect way to say goodbye (even though I waited until Wednesday when I really had to say goodbye!) She lived 2 minutes up the road from my parent’s but we’ve still seen each other frequently since I moved. She is off to Ohio University, but I know she is going to be amazing and can’t wait to hear all about it!
I also want to wish everyone who is either already in school or heading back to school this year a lot of luck! Live up those times Cherish the memories! It’ll be over before you know it!
Are you a pet owner? What’s your favorite part?
Are you heading back to school this year?