1. I have been trying to change my blog around without much success as things aren’t going where they should, but I did make a new header! I think it looks better than the old one. What do you think? On that note, if you ever come to my page and things looks crazy, I’m probably trying to change it, lol. Who knows when I might get this all done, but just a heads up!
2. My heart goes out to all those in the Franklin Regional School stabbing that happened on Wednesday. This school is about 45 minutes from where I live, give or take for traffic. It’s terrible to even think about, but I am so thankful not more were injured, there were some crazy fast thinkers to pull the alarm and then tackle him, and pray for the one who is in critical condition still.
3. I’m getting a pedicure with my mom tomorrow and CANNOT wait! Yay girl time, and any excuse for my feet to get cleaned up. Question for runners, do you ask them to leave your calluses on your feet? Weird question, but I have to ask them to do that or I am left with blisters when I run next time!
Just a random picture of Benny to break up my picture-less post, ha! He’s too cute not to share more of!
4. I mentioned last week that I am helping out with this running group for the kids at school. Um, it’s my favorite time of the week! I was with the fourth grade who I am teaching now and they rotate for four stations, each being 10 minutes. The first station, for us, is a drink station, which they don’t necessarily need at that point, but it works. There’s also a health teaching at that time. We move on to running next, where they run for 10 straight minutes, including a huge uphill! I practically die, but I run with them because it 1) motivates them to keep going, 2) creates a challenge to “beat me” and 3) I just love to run. Following the run, we head to a kids workout DVD class. It has been either Tae- Bo or a Denise Austin video. I know it’s for kids, but it’s crazy effective and I LOVE it! The last station we go to is in the gym, and it’s some kind of gym game. They’ve had to act like animals, or try to flip bean bags off each others hands and then run around the gym, or yesterday was a bunch of suicides (go to one point in the gym, touch and run back, go further to touch and run back, then further and further, so essentially 4 sprints before the next person goes. This gives them a complete 30 minutes of intense physical activity. I love seeing their red sweaty faces after. I know a lot of them play video games when they go home, so to have this opportunity is the best thing if you ask me! Oh, and we have to run between stations, so we constantly have our heart rate up!
See, I told you he was too cute for just one picture!
5. The winner for the Feetures! Socks has been picked! Congratulations Rebecca! Email me at fitncookies (at) gmail (dot) com! She liked Feetures! socks on Facebook.