Hi everyone! We finally made it to Friday. Did it feel like the longest week to any of you? Considering I woke up Tuesday thinking it was Friday, it’s been a lonnnggg one!
Let’s get back to 5 Things Friday!
1. I mentioned yesterday we are finding out if we’re having a boy or girl May 14, and we’re also having a Gender Reveal party that weekend! I’ve been scouring Pinterest all week and making lists of what I want at ours! I can’t wait to know and be able to start looking at baby things
2. Yesterday was one of those days where I needed something with caffeine if I was to stay awake enough to teach math! I ended up going with a Diet Pepsi, but it is definitely not my favorite. Give me Caffeine Free Diet Coke any day over Pepsi.
3. I’m loving my early morning teaching. It’s honestly the best and I can’t wait to drop Monday nights and just be teaching in the morning. My little babe was making an appearance Wednesday morning, too. Speaking of, I’m pretty sure it grew overnight. It’s probably just all the potatoes I’m eating everyday.. #CantStopWontStop
4. I went from being away all weekend to being home and having a packed schedule to barely have anything going on! I am going to my friend’s house for the Pen’s Game tomorrow night and I am so excited! It’s honestly been so long since I’ve been out on a weekend. My couch always sounded better to me, but I’m feeling so, so much more like myself and ready to get out!
5. I ran yesterdayyyy!!!! So I told you all on Monday my hamstring wouldn’t let me run Sunday. I iced and stretched Monday and then went for a run Tuesday after school. It wasn’t that bad, but it definitely wasn’t all better. I stopped at 2 miles so I didn’t aggrevate it more. Honestly, it felt better because it was stretched out. I taught Wednesday and continued to stretch all day. Yesterday I decided to get up and run on the treadmill. That way, if it did hurt, I could just stop (and go back to bed ). I ran pain free for 5 miles!! Woo! I’m really hoping that means I can get in my 12 miler this weekend and then only one more long run before the half.
Speaking of the half, you guys were the BEST on Tuesday. It was a hard post to write and be so honest with my feelings, but I’m so glad I did. Your comments were all amazing and I totally am running it for more than just time. My favorite comment was this, though, from Hanna at The Millennial Next Door who said, “I think you’ll find that finishing this race will be special in a way that no PR ever could be.” Um, absolutely. What a truly fantastic way to put it! I’m so excited to run this race now with my little one in tow with me. We’ll make it through!
Head on over to Lindsey’s blog to check out where a bunch of Bloggers find their favorite fitness wear!
And with that, I’m off to finish up the work day and enjoy the weekend! Wahoo!