It’s been a few weeks since I’ve done a short and sweet post catching up on life, so today’s the day! Let’s catch up on some things. Also, today is one of my best friend’s birthday- Happy Birthday, Jenna!
1. A few weeks ago, Aaron and I received my parent’s couch when they bought a new one, and it totally took our basement to the next level. We have more seating, and even though our basement isn’t finished, we hang out down there. We bought a few carpets and it looks much, much homier. I also happen to love the couch that they gave us, and it reminds me a bit of home.
2. We surprised my mom yesterday with one of her presents for her birthday. I haven’t really gone into it, but my dad is not much getting better after his last surgery. His left arm is actually getting worse they think due to over use. Anyway, my mom takes care of him and does everything for him (he knows it, ha, so this isn’t a surprise to him!). She would never ever complain about it and loves helping him out, but it can be a bit exhausting. You know, cutting food, buttoning shirts, driving him to therapy, helping out with things at home, just normal every day things. Anyway, for her birthday yesterday, we decided to give her a day of nothing. Yep, that’s it. Aaron and I will take my dad for the day at our house, and Matt will be in charge at night. My mom will have an entire day to do whatever she wants which may include absolutely nothing. Then at night, she will be coming to my house for game night with her sisters. I think it will be a perfect day for her!
3. I am helping out with a running club for kids at the school I’m a long term sub at. When one of the teachers asked if I could help, I think I was beaming from ear to ear, haha. It’s only for a couple Wednesday’s after school, one training run, and then they have their own “Kids of Steel” Race the Saturday before the Pittsburgh Marathon, so I will help with that. There are over 130 students that are in this club! Isn’t that fantastic?! I’m so excited to become more involved in the school and with the students doing what I love the most. It’s such a fun program, and the kids all love it. There are four stations, one is health, then running outside, a Tae Bo class, and stations in the gym. The kids rotate for 10 minutes each between the stations. I got in a great workout running hills with them! haha
4. April Fools Day. I hate that holiday, haha. I was doing so well not having anyone fool me. But, my students managed to get one over on me. We’ve been doing standardized testing for the past two weeks, and it was so nice on Tuesday after our tests. I decided to take my students outside along with the other fourth grades. One of my girls came up to me and said someone was crying and wouldn’t get up. I, of course, didn’t even think it was April Fools or anything out of the ordinary, and walked over to him. All of my students were huddled around him and then shouted April Fools. Alright, kids. You got me this time, haha.
5. So Tuesday, it was nice out. Aaron left work early so he could work in the yard pulling weeds and doing all the things I hate. Have I mentioned I hate our yard? ha Anyway, he spent hours out there, but woke up Wednesday to poison Ivy all over! It just keeps spreading. I feel so bad because he is so itchy but he’s gone to work all week with it. Then, to make matters worse, he pulled his groin at Dodgeball Wednesday night, and hurt his hamstring. Ugh, poor guy!! I’m not used to him being injured or down for the count; it’s usually me! I’m just hoping it goes away soon so he isn’t miserable for long
What are your weekend plans?
What condition won’t you run in?
I typically say wind, but because it was nice I suffered. I am also not a fan of sleet, ice, or rain, haha. I need it to be 0 mph winds, and sunny. Like that ever happens