1. How’s everyone liking the time change? I was actually so happy last Friday when I was done working out and the sun was up, and now it’s back to being dark in the mornings. However, it being light later at night?! I love it! Seriously, makes my day feel so much longer.
2. With the spring thoughts in my head, I have been contemplating what to do with our back porch. It just needs updated, not majorly, but with new furniture (well, just furniture) and maybe some paint.
Here is what it looks like:
This is the Pinterest Idea I hope to create! Doesn’t it just look way better? Hopefully this happens!
I think it’s totally doable with some white paint where it’s currently brown, and painting the ceiling a light color, but at least a color.
3. Pittsburgh celebrates St. Patrick’s Day on the Saturday before the holiday, which means it’s tomorrow. Last year I was in Oregon for it, this year I have something else I need to do, but let’s talk about two years ago. Two years ago, it was in the 80s! Not kidding. Aaron was in Las Vegas so I went down for Kegs and Eggs with my girl friends, and we were sweating all day! There’s a huge parade and just lots of fun things happening. I’m not really missing going down this year, but just missing the fact that we had a few weeks of 80s during March two years ago. We’re happy to break 40 this year…
4. Aaron and I haven’t been out on a date in a while, but I won a $50 gift certificate to Bonefish Grill a few months ago from Courtney. There is one right up the road and I am really excited to go and just enjoy the night out!
5. Let’s talk about sunshine. I swear, people are wayyy happier when it’s sunny out and now that it’s staying light later! I can run to the store after dinner and there are more smiles than during the darkest of winter when it was terrible to go out after!
Do you celebrate St. Patrick’s Day out anywhere?
We did go to my uncle’s party last week, but that was more just for family and fun.
What is something you would like to fix up or redo in your house/apartment this year?!
Our list goes on and on, haha. Definitely the back porch. We want to pull up some garden boxes and then make a patio out back. The biggest job is that we need to mulch all of our ridiculous areas this spring, and get a fence up on top of our yard so Deer quit pooping there !