Woot Woot! It’s FRIDAY! Few more hours until the workday is over and the weekend is here!
It’s time for another Fitness Friday! I love these posts; I really enjoy seeing what everyone else does for their fitness, and finding out new workouts! Absolutely my favorite part! I’m always up for new ones
This week saw the end of Best Body Bootcamp. I am really sad to see it end because it was 8 weeks where I didn’t need to plan a workout! I always had one there, and if I felt like changing it up, I could! I absolutely loved the flexibility of it. If you are in the mood for a change, and some great workouts, consider joining her next round starting in April!
Let’s Get to it…
– 30 Minute Varying Speeds and Incline Treadmill Run
– Rest, much needed
– 25 minute treadmill interval run in the morning + 5 rounds of Strength A (total body exercises)
– 40 minute steady run on the treadmill. Speed 6.7
– 25 minute treadmill run in the morning and 5 rounds of strength B (total body + cardio bursts)
– Really had a hard time getting motivation to work out. I managed to get a butt kicking 30 minute treadmill walk in, though! Speeds between 4.5-5.0. Incline varied between 0-6, and I held 5 lb weights in both hands for some of it.
– For the love of burpees! This workout is hard. I said last week that I didn’t mind burpees, but I do. They are intense, and challenging. Pairing them with another exercise and completing it in a ladder form? Yeah, that’s even more difficult. Last week I managed 120 burpees. Today, I managed to complete it in less time, so I added in another round. Make that 150 burpees! I also managed to do it all before 6:30am. Alarm was set for 5:15, but I woke up at 4:53 and looked at the time. Needless to say, I couldn’t fall back asleep and a nap is MUCH NEEDED this afternoon! Hopefully I make it through the day! 🙂
I promise the workouts won’t be as vague starting next week!
Now that BBB is over, and February has also come to an end, I wanted to take some time to develop my new workout routine. I need a routine; without one, my workouts suffer and I don’t accomplish as much as I wish to. I set to work by searching Pinterest for a cute monthly calendar, because if it’s cute, it definitely wins my heart.
For March, I decided to come up with fitness goals:
- Run 3x/week
- HIIT 2 x/week
- Lift 3x/week
- Core 2x/week
I really struggle with focusing on my core as a workout itself. During BBB, when it was built into my schedule, I always did it. However, when I don’t have it written or I am short on time, core is always the area that I skip. I need to change this, because I have built my core up a lot and want to keep it that way.
For the month, I am sticking to having Sunday’s as my rest day. I might have to switch it around, and I may take more rest days, but I have really enjoyed using Sunday to do as I want, and not focusing on a workout for the day, or when will I fit it in.
A lot of my schedule will also fluctuate due to weather. If I see a day is going to be beautiful, I will switch it so my running can take place that day because I am dying to get outside!
Basically, my running days are going to be Monday and Wednesday, with a longer run on Saturdays. I am going to strength train on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, and complete HIIT on those days as well. I will focus on core on my running days, as well. My running distances have dropped over winter, so I am slowly trying to build them up. My usual workouts are about an hour long, so I determined that I will have time after my runs to fit core in. One of my strength training days will focus on Triceps/ Biceps/ and Shoulders (using compound movements with legs as well), and the other will focus on Legs/Back/Chest. My third strength training day varies. I am trying to incorporate more Kettlebell workouts (they are so fun to me!) so that is scheduled in, as well as some Insanity workouts (love them!), and maybe a workout DVD. I wanted to switch it up!
I am also leaving next week and I am not sure how the workouts will be that week. I really don’t mind if I get any in, but would enjoy a run or two in a different area, and a race on St. Patrick’s Day! That week is basically up in the air, but I will have my Insanity workouts with me that I can pop in if I have time!
Do you plan your workouts? Do you do it daily, or weekly, or even monthly?
Do your workouts ever seem to slack off in the winter? Do you feel like you are better about them in the summer?