Hello everyone! I hope you all have a fantastic holiday today. Most of us are off work today, and able to enjoy the holiday. Don’t forget why we have this holiday, and what our independence has meant for our country as a whole!
I have a bunch of thoughts going through my head, so today you get a random list.. capesh?
1. My mom and I went to my final florist appointment yesterday. It was quick, easy, and painless. We then stopped at Walmart to do some shopping for vacation, and then Aldi’s to pick up some fruits and veggies for today. Uhm, I’m not sure how well that worked out, because my car was PACKED!
Eh, whatever works!
2. My friends and I went to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner last night. I was really looking forward to it, mostly because I don’t eat out ever and it sounded great. I also knew they had a lot of options. Far too many, actually. It took all of us quite a bit to decide on dinner because the menu is, no joke, 20 pages long. I opted for the Spicy Crispy Chicken Sandwich with a side of French Fries (my favorite food group). It was delicious! I managed to finish about 3/4 of the chicken sandwich, and about half the fries. I do not like cheesecake (weird, I know. Especially because I love cheese…) so I was very content with the amount of food I ate. My friends finished their meals and had cheesecake, which none made it completely through If we weren’t at The Cheesecake Factory, I am sure no one would have had dessert! They were all stuffed with their meals, but hey, when in Rome, right?
3. I started my day quite early with a run! My family headed out to get the boat out of the water (we take it on vacation on Saturday) so I was aiming for a 6 mile run in the park. I made it 2.5 before I felt like I was going to die. Actually, I felt like that the entire time. I was out at 7:00 and the temp was already 70 with humidity at 2039425%. No lies.
Cloudy and a rain just ended. Perfect conditions to die on a run.
I made it around a circle and then called it quits. I finished up with 4 miles on the treadmill in my basement, where it was nice and cool!
4. About 5 minutes after finishing my run, I saw the boat had arrived home. Now, if you never owned a boat, you would never think it was a big deal getting it home. Except, it looks like this.
That bottom part? It should be white.
We have managed to find a great system to clean it, and finished about an hour later. We use a pressure washer to get most of the grime off, but my mom and I still need to go under the boat to scrub. This is what it all looks like. Excuse my disgustingness. Obviously a shower happened 2.5 seconds after finished.
This would be my look after the boat. Drenched in who even knows what. Gross.
5. I am currently sitting here debating on what to do next. I need to finish some baking for tonight’s festivities, but have this feeling a nap might come over me We are having our friends and family over tonight for fireworks! They shoot them off at the mall, which happens to be at rock throwing distance from our new house. Clearly we needed people to come enjoy the fireworks! There are only a handful of people who have been able to see it so far, so we are excited for everyone to finally see! However, I may or may not have gone all out for decorations and food. Whoops! Remember those Fourth of July ideas I gave you the other day? I may be doing like 4 of them. Haha It’s all worth it, though! I just need to get up and start moving!
6. I hope you all are able to enjoy something festive today! Just think, only one work day until the weekend Haha Maybe you even have tomorrow off, in which case, live up your partying today!