I’m actually not a huge fan of this holiday, but hey, it’s always fun to celebrate a holiday!
1. We’re not ready for Halloween to be today. We have yet to finish our costumes. Oh, and we have two parties to go to tonight! I was so excited to be handing out candy after last year’s awful weather. We had grand plans of sitting at the bottom of our driveway and handing out our candy. Unfortunately, the weather is looking just like last years, with lots of wind, temps dropping, rain, and even snow! Ugh. I’m hoping my costume at least let’s me stay warm. Any guesses on what we’re being?
2. I made a decision on Sunday to really cut back my sugar intake. I have been going a little crazy on snacks everywhere, desserts and treats at lots of parties we’ve been to, and just unnecessary crap. My biggest downfall is always after dinner, but I’ve definitely been trying to get better. This week, I did really well in not eating after dinner just for the sake of eating, and to make better decisions. But- all bets are off tonight I know candy will be around and I will try to only eat a piece or two instead of going back for more all night long.
3. My mom bought an Entertainment book this year, which is basically a huge coupon book. She didn’t realize until a few weeks ago that all the coupons expire on Saturday! Needless to say, Aaron and I have been using the few I have up. We had pizza on Wednesday, and leftovers tonight, and tomorrow we’re heading out for a date to get Gyros. I can’t wait to have a little date with my husband. With him being away last weekend, we haven’t had much time together.
4. We carved pumpkins on Tuesday!! I couldn’t decide what to carve, but then I saw a cat pattern when we were searching Google Images, and knew I had to do it. Aaron went the scary route, but mine is definitely cuter. I only came away with two cuts on my fingers, and a bruised wrist from getting the outsides out Did I mention we didn’t have carving utensils and used kitchen knives? haha Maybe next year I’ll be more prepared.
5. My hunger this week has been out of control. I don’t even know why, but I am always trying to find something else to eat. Who else has this problem? And… what snacks do you eat during the day?! I need some ideas! Let me know in the comments below, and link up any recipes you may have!
Need a workout to burn off some of that candy? Here are a few options:
With that, have a great day! I hope you enjoy some candy throughout the day.
What is your favorite candy?
Are you dressing up for Halloween? What are you being?