This HIIT It workout will leave you feeling like you left it all out there. It may not be long but the combination of movements will work every muscle.
Hi guys! It’s Wednesday, wahoo! One more day closer to vacation! I’m busy getting things together over here. It’s another beautiful day – in the high 80s!- which screams outside to me (at least for a little bit!). Thankfully, today’s workout is a quick one that is a surefire way to work up a sweat, but will be over before you know it!
HIIT It Workout
This is a high intensity interval workout, which means you are working hard for one minute, and have a quick 15 second break between exercises. You will then move on to the next one. High intensity workouts are proven to continuously raise your metabolism long after you are done working out. Best thing is that they aren’t long workouts! This will only take 25 minutes. That is 1.7% of your day! Find a TV show or blast some music and get.it.done. You got this!
Aim to complete this two times. If you are still feeling good, go for another round!
A few move demonstrations:
- 4 180* Squat Jumps with 10 pulses: You will complete 4 180* squat jumps, and then pulse for 10 on the 4th one. Repeat until 1 minute is up.
- Burpee- plank jack- push up: You will perform a burpee and while in plank position, perform a plank jack, then push up, and complete the burpee. Continue for one minute.
- Side Kick L- Side Kick R- Back Kick both: Perform a side kick with your left foot, then right foot, and then perform two back kicks (one with left foot and one with right).
- Squat with Side Abduction: Perform a squat and as you come up, raise your left leg to the side. Repeat with right left.
- Standing Side oblique pulls: Standing on your right leg with left arm overhead, bring left knee up on the side as you lower your left elbow to meet
For other demonstrations, head over to the exercise demonstration page.
Let me know if you give this a shot!