It’s probably no surprise to you that I read a lot of blogs everyday. There are some I like more than others, and some that I cannot wait until they post! Melissa at Freeing Imperfections is one of those. She writes in an amazing way, and I have been able to connect with every single post she has written (well, since I found her blog!). Today was no different. Check out this post, and you will know what I am talking about!
After reading her post, I began thinking about me as a blogger.
I Am Me.
I am a real person who has a passion for blogging and sharing parts of my life. I do not define myself as just a blogger. Yes, it is a part of my life, but it doesn’t define who I am. Just like Melissa says, bloggers share parts of their lives that they want to share. In no way am I perfect. However, I am not going to make my blog a source of negativity and talk about all the ways I have failed, or negative instances that have come up. That’s not what I want to be reminded of on my blog. There are definitely times when I have shared these feelings, and days when I may share parts of my life that happen and aren’t always fun and games; however, this is not the majority of my blog.
I write for fun. I don’t make any money from my blogging. I write what comes to my mind and I think would be worthwhile to share. There are some topics that may be controversial, or some topics that others might disagree with. You know what? It’s ok to not agree with everything I talk about.
What do I blog about?
On my blog, you will find a bit of everything that makes me, me. Here are some major topics:
- Recipes: I blog about new recipe inventions that I enjoy and want to share. You will never see a recipe for something I didn’t eat, or that didn’t taste good. No one wants a recipe for something I didn’t like (unless others tried it and they enjoyed it).
- Running: I love to run. It is a part of me, although it doesn’t occur too much in the winters. Running is time for me to free my mind, or just let it wonder. It is time to enjoy the outside, and even spend time with my mom if she comes for a run with me.
- Workouts: As you know with Trainer Tuesday, I love to share my workouts with you. I have a passion for helping others develop the same love with working out as I do. Again, I don’t workout because I feel the need. Some days, it might feel that way before I start, but I have never regretted a workout. I have fun creating new ones and then sharing them if I feel they are good ones!
- Wedding: I am engaged and planning a wedding for this summer. It is a huge part of my life right now, and one that I am so excited about, so OF COURSE I am going to share stories and different aspects of the planning! It isn’t taking over my blog, but it is a part of who I am.
- Food: There are some days, mostly What I ate Wednesday, that I do share most of the food I consume. I have never posted an entire days worth of food on my blog. I don’t think it’s necessary for you to know I have 3 M&Ms before dinner, so I just won’t share it. This is why I have a disclaimer at the top of my blog, which I don’t even feel I need to have. I have never expected someone to share everything they eat with me, and I really don’t want to read everything that someone has consumed! It just doesn’t interest me, nor do I have the same needs as another person to compare myself to.
- My Life: Of course I do things that I love, and share them with you because I think they were fun, or interesting to read about! My life is a huge part of my blog, so I am going to share different places I go, different restaurants I try, and highlights from my day.
Healthy Living Blog
Do I still consider myself a healthy living blog? Absolutely. Healthy living to me is living a life you love, incorporating healthy eating and fitness, and doing your best everyday. This is what I do. I might have a day where I consume more sweets than I intend to, or a day that I don’t eat enough veggies (uhm, that’s everyday), but I still consider myself to be living a healthy lifestyle and blogging about it.
What Am I Saying?
Thankfully I’ve never received rude comments telling me what I should blog about, or what I should avoid. There have been blogs I come across that I don’t agree with some things they are talking about, or I may not connect with the majority of the posts. I don’t leave nasty comments for them to change their blog to what I want. Instead, I just avoid them. Blogging is about finding out who you are, and sharing it with people who have similar interests. It isn’t about being the same as another person, or comparing yourself to others. Sure, it is nice to see what workouts others are doing so you can incorporate them into yours, or finding new recipes that others eat and making them yourself. Find blogs that you can connect with, and you will never question why they blog about certain topics.
I am me. I am real. I am a blogger. I have more to life than just blogging. I have an incredible family. I am marrying the man of my dreams. I work towards my goals everyday. I am grateful for all the opportunities I have been given in my life. I am especially grateful I can share all the positive in my life for you out there!
Have you ever come across comments that you view negatively?
As a blog reader, what do you do if you come across a blog that you don’t connect to?
Are there any other topics that you would be interested in hearing more of from me?