Well hey everyone. How are you today? It’s Friday so hopefully that finds you in a great mood!
1. I had a first the other day. I cut the grass for the first time! Let me tell you that I just have never had an interest in cutting the grass. My mom or my brother always did it at home and Aaron always does it here. He has been totally fine with cutting it, so I let him. We also have an old lawn mower that was left for us and is electric, meaning it has extension cords every where, ha. With Aaron spending all his time working on the deck, and me having some more free time, I took it to myself on Monday to cut the grass so he didn’t have to after work. I honestly thought it would take me 25 minutes from start to finish. Um, no! It was in the mid 80s, and took forever to finish! The large hill in the front was also torturous. However, in the end, I am quite proud of it! Maybe I’ll try again.
2. I started Scandal last Friday after hearing so much about it and it has not disappointed. Oh. Em. Gee. I am ashamed that I pretty much did nothing but watch it for days, ha. I put it on my iPad and carted it around with me. And well, I’m done. Yep, one week- I should be embarrassed. Ha!
3. The hunger I had on Tuesday was unbelievable. I ate more food than I ever do, but I was okay with it. I ended up teaching my class twice on Monday, and cut the grass. I also went for a run Tuesday, adding to the hunger. I just embrace those days and eat when my body tells me! I ate a few of these muffins to tide me over
4. I manned the miter saw and cut pieces of wood for our deck the other night. I had plans to screw in the pieces of wood yesterday while Aaron was at work, but in the end, I didn’t have enough pressure to put into them, so instead of stripping each screw, I let Aaron do it.
5. I’m on a building spree! When I wasn’t drilling, I built the furniture for our new deck! It was fairly easy, except I missed putting on a piece that’s supposed to go on (little cushion piece in between nut and bold.. not really a big deal), so I should probably fix that on the chairs. Oh, and the love seat- well I lost a screw. I started building it Wednesday night, and Benson was my little buddy. He was having a blast. Thursday morning when I went to finish it, I realized I was missing a screw to finish the love seat! I have torn apart my basement, gone through garbage, and searched under all furniture trying to find it. I’m blaming Benson. He’s part cat/part thief. Loves carrying things in his mouth and then playing with them. I ended up finding one that works at Home Depot, so it’s fine, but just so funny he stole it. I love how it looks (ignore the garage walls!) and can’t wait to get it on the deck!
So tell me,