Keep yourself on track this summer by setting fitness goals to work toward. Here’s a look into 5 simple, yet effective fitness goals for the month.
Hey hey! How are you all today? Did you get out for a run yesterday for Global Running Day? Annabelle and I did.. but it wasn’t pretty. I had a genius idea to go after her afternoon nap to the park where it’s flat and run. Great plan, but the 90 degrees and PURE sun made it a tad less fun for me 😉 Little Miss enjoyed a fan blowing on her and laying down in the shade. The life of a baby, right?!
June is the epitome of summer to me. Schools let out, kids are everywhere, the weather is getting warmer, and usually the best time to get outside is in the morning. I really love getting the workouts in early and I’m eager to get more runs in with Annabelle! She loves the stroller and I love running so I need to make it happen more!
June Fitness Goals
1. Work on my core 3 times a week. Not necessarily a long workout, but make sure I’m doing a core specific workout.
2. Keep drinking water throughout the day. Not save it up for nights (which then makes me wake up multiple times a night for the bathroom!)
3. Run outside 1 time a week by myself. Aaron is fantastic about handling Annabelle and loves spending every free moment he has with her. I just hate leaving the party and going out on my own but I think one run a week by myself will be good. I am thinking Friday evenings or Saturday mornings might be the best!
4. Wake up early to workout 2 times a week. I know I shared that Annabelle wakes up when I work out early, and somehow she gets the memo, but I know I feel my best when I get them in nice and early and can focus on Annabelle the entire rest of the day.
5. And for fun, limit alcohol to 2 times a week. Summer happens to include barbeques and alcohol at functions, and while I did miss that last year, I know it’s all empty calories so I have to limit it.