Let’s chat. This week has been pretty busy, but I loved it! How’d you like my two a day postings some days? I feel like I just had so much I want to tell you about, and couldn’t wait that long to post about them! So, some two a days happened (not the kind in sports.. those suck), but don’t expect them I am much happier since deciding to blog just once a day. I feel like I can give my posts my all, while not stressing over it. My favorite thing is happening right now, btw. Benson is curled up on my stomach while my laptop is sitting on my lap. Best way to post, right?
I’m also just in a really good mood. My mom stopped over for a few hours, I finished my long run of the week this morning, I just cleaned all of my kitchen and living room, and my fall things are out.. more on that in a bit, though
And now, let’s get to the fun…
1. I’m really getting better at this whole cooking dinner thing. I actually texted my brother to show him this meal I cooked. He always said I couldn’t cook, and asked Aaron what we would be eating. I’m pleased to show him I CAN cook, and make it taste good Wednesday’s dinner was delicious. In fact, we had it again last night for leftovers. I really wasn’t feeling the cooking, and it was too good to wait around and eat again!
I had a lot of people ask me for the recipe (I posted it on Instagram) so today is your lucky day!
Loaded Buffalo Chicken and Potato Casserole
-10-12 small red potatoes
-4 chicken breasts
– 1/3 cup olive oil
– 1 1/2 tsp salt
– 1 TBSP ground pepper
– 1 TBSP Paprika
– 2 TBSP Garlic Powder
– 6 TBSP hot sauce
– 2 cups shredded cheese (I used half cheddar, half mozzarella)
– 1 cup crumbled turkey bacon
– 1 c diced green onion
– Preheat oven to 500! Mix together oil, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and hot sauce in a bowl. Cut your potatoes into cubes (I left the skin on). Place potatoes in the sauce and mix around. Carefully place potatoes into a 9×13 greased pan, leaving behind as much of the sauce as you can. Cook the potatoes until browned, about 45-50 minutes. Cut the chicken up into cubes, and place into the sauce mixture, and wait until potatoes are done. When potatoes are done, reduce heat in oven to 400 (don’t want to burn the chicken!). Place chicken on top of potatoes. Mix the cheese, bacon, and onion together in the sauce (there really shouldn’t be much left. I think I dumped all of mine in with the chicken). Cook for 15-20 minutes until chicken is done and cheese is bubbling!
Super easy, and a lot can be done ahead of time like the cutting of everything! I am actually curious if this could be done in the crock pot! Just worried about the potatoes.. anyone have ideas on this?
2. I gave in and started decorating for fall. Actually, I’m just about done. One night this week, I just couldn’t take it anymore (even though it was 90 outside) and headed to the attic (bad plan, btw) to find things I bought last year. Turns out, I didn’t have much, but had enough to start! My mom gave me a few of her things, and then I got creative. Pat Catans had a few things I bought, Rite Aid has 50% off fall decorations right now (huge score) and the Dollar Tree rocked my socks. Honestly, for $1, it was amazing what they had! Anyway, here is how my house looks now! This pretty much has everything to do with my mood. It is a pretty gloomy day outside, but looking at my fall things, and smelling candles is amazing. Now, if only the fall weather would come!
3. We finally finished my nail polish shelves, and our sink organizer on Wednesday! I was sick of everything just hanging out and being clutter, so after assembling the shelves, I called Aaron in. We also just hung up the rod holding the white bins to organize our sink. Our vanity doesn’t have drawers, and everything sitting on the sink really annoyed me! This makes a huge difference!
Funny story about the shelves. We were standing in IKEA debating how many to get. We decided that three would be a good call, and if we don’t use them, we can save one for other projects. Then on Wednesday, we were trying to figure out where to put them. We ultimately decided on the bathroom because Aaron said that it would be nice to put other things on there too. HA! First of all, there is honestly no room at all. I threw out a few nail polishes just to fit! Apparently three shelves weren’t enough, and Aaron will not be storing anything else up there I really do love it, though. I hated looking in bags trying to find colors! Now, fall/winter is on the bottom, spring/summer is on the middle, and clear, nude, skinny polishes are on the top!
4. After having our thank you cards be returned to the company twice, we finally have them, and I started writing some. Holy moly! I am so not used to writing things anymore, and I am ashamed to say how bad my arm hurt when I was done. I think I wrote about half, though, so now I just need to finish them!
5. I’m beyond jealous of all you cool kids going to the Healthy Living Summit! Can’t wait to read all about it and live vicariously through you!
Are your fall decorations out yet?
Who is going to HLS?
How many nail polish do you really think you have?