Hi everyone! It’s been quite a busy week this week. It’s also been a while since I’ve done Five Things Friday!
1. Time has flown this week and I am not complaining. I started off the week not having jobs lined up, but then got a call from the high school needing me, and it turned in to a job lasting through next week. I am teaching culinary arts and Understanding Children. Both are super fun classes to teach. Yesterday we made a veggie and bacon Strata. Mmm!
2. Um, apparently fall was booted out by summer. I went for a run after school yesterday, expecting it to be cool, and it was 80 degrees! This weekend is also supposed to be in the 80s. That just isn’t right, Pittsburgh!
3. Did you know September 28th is Active Nation Day? It’s a day specifically aimed at trying to make a more active future. It was created in 2012 by Lorna Jane to live a more authentic and active life. Lorna Jane (with her super cute, affordable workout gear!) totally makes me want to move. Seriously, what’s better than working out in cute apparel? You can head over here and join in the movement!
Here are a few other ways to stay active in your everyday life:
- Take the stairs
- Park further away from the store
- Walk all the way around a grocery store, up and down every aisle
- Break up your day and set up a timer for every so many minutes to get up and walk around
- Go for an after dinner walk
These are just simple ways to get up and move more! You can even try the Lorna Jane dance move! Enter it on Instagram and hashtag #LJmove #ActiveNationDay #SweatPink for your chance to win $1000! You can find the move here.
Lorna Jane even created an app (download here)to get more people up and moving! You can find inspirational quotes, 1000s of recipes, and tracks your activity! I know I’m always inspired to up my workout intensity or try something different by following Lorna Jane and others into fitness. Really, if you wake up and look at Instagram, chances are you will see tons of people who already got their workout in. That, to me, is so motivating! I also stay motivated to work out and stay active by those who keep coming to my classes. They are there for a challenge, and I have to deliver!
Lorna Jane Active Nation Day
4. This weekend is super busy, and I’m not that excited about it, ha. I mean, I am because it’s all very fun things! It’s just all put together at once, and I started getting sick yesterday! Aaron was sick all last week so it was just a matter of time until I got it.
5. Ask and you shall receive. Pictures of Benny! He’s such a handsome little boy
He loves to jump on my lap when I’m trying to do work, haha.
Actually he got a big present this week! Aaron decided that the house items that need done could wait, and he built Benson a cat tower. It’s huge. I wish it wasn’t. I had no say, haha. Benny LOVES it! He can crawl through the tower up into the box, and he loves sleeping in his bed at the very top. He’s only crawled through the tunnel once since it’s been standing vertically, but he’ll get there. There still needs to be a few finishing touches, but this was good enough for him to use it for now.
There’s still going to be rope on the wood on the right lining it all the way up. But yes, very huge. I’m proud of Aaron for building it though! He designed and built it all himself.