Wow, you guys, I am so thankful it is Friday! I have a pretty spectacular weekend coming up…
8 Things You Should Know
1. Susie and her husband Alex are coming and staying with us! They are coming in for Caitlin’s wedding shower, but I was more than happy to offer a house for them to stay in so they didn’t have to pay for a hotel!
2. After picking them up at the airport tomorrow, I’ll be back to PICK UP AARON! I’m not a fan of talking about being home alone. With that begin said, he left January 23 for Japan and will only be returning tomorrow. It’s felt like forever. That is also why I painted the family room and bathroom (and my mom helped, not Aaron!). I’ve missed him!
3. The days have been getting longer which I am SUCH a fan of! Heading to the gym when it’s light out gives me way more motivation. Or, when it stays light out, I can get a run in outside, which brings me to…
4. We had temps in the 40s on Wednesday, meaning I needed to get outside and for a run! I didn’t want to waste time driving to the park since I had to run some errands after work and knew it’d be later, so I went to the nearby trail. Oh my gosh, it was the worst. The trail was snow and ice covered. I even had cleats on my shoes but it was miserable. Between the cold air hitting off the snow, and then having most of the trail turn to slush due to warmer temperatures, it was not the run I was hoping for. I turned around at the 1 mile marker and finished with 2. I came back to my house and ran around my neighborhood for 2 more miles. I didn’t want to end a beautiful day outside with a crappy run, ha. My neighborhood is mostly hills, but there’s one way I can run and only do 3 or 4 moderate hills instead of a bazillion huge hills. I felt amazing having that fresh air! But, then the temps dropped and we were told not to go outside unless we had to yesterday. 40s to single digits in less than 24 hours. Weird.
5. I haven’t mentioned anything about the Superbowl all week! I taped it, and started a bit later, flying through the game and only watching the commercials and half time show. I thought Katy Perry was fantastic!! I was supposed to go to my parents to watch the game, but then I got news Aaron was going to the hospital in Japan (cue freak out, but he’s ok!) so I just stayed home to wait for his phone call. I enjoyed some chips and salsa on the couch, with Benson taking over the entire chair, haha.
6. Have you seen this Luna bar?! I spotted it in Target and immediately scooped it up. I wasn’t sure if it would actually be good, so I only bought two. Well, my friends, it’s amazing and I need to go buy more!
7. My giveaway ended yesterday and the winner is…
Kristen_Runs! Congratulations! I will share on Instagram too but if you see this, send me an e-mail at fitncookies (at) gmail (dot) com !
Lorna Jane Get Fit Challenge
8. I am very happy to announce I will be participating in the Lorna Jane Fit Challenge for the next 12 weeks! It is not too late to join! Lorna Jane is not only a fabulous role model, but it is clear she puts her heart and soul into everything she does. This 12 weeks Fit Challenge is the epitome of amazingness. This challenge includes 12 weeks of fitness (workouts are 30 minutes or less and ALL PROVIDED!), nutrition, and wellness. This past week was week 1, but I’d love to see you join for the rest of the time!
In the Move Guide, Lorna Jane goes through the steps to set your goals, visualize your goals, and then gets to the good stuff. She offers various meal plans depending on your goal, and they match up directly to recipes found in her Nourish guide.
Let’s talk about the workouts for a second, because you all know new workouts are my favorite things ever! There are three phases to the workout. You start off with working mobility and agility, phase two incorporates functional movements, and phase three builds on the two phases and adds high intensity finisher exercises. The workouts are typically 30 minutes or less, though may be closer to 40 minutes if you are getting started. Lorna Jane has picture demonstrations to every move you will do! She talks about the why for each move, and the do’s and dont’s for form. I am beyond excited to incorporate these workouts into my schedule, along with some of the new meals she offers!
If you are a fitness lover, looking for a new challenge, trying to get back on track (like me still!) after all the holiday eating, I highly suggest heading here and joining the challenge! I will be here to motivate you, as well as having the option to join the Facebook group here to get more motivation! This runs from February to April, and I will be back to talk about my progress in the challenge! I hope you join me.