Happy Tuesday, everyone. Hope it’s been a great one so far. I’m trying to get back intro the groove of both school and being home from Chicago. I can’t wait to recap it all, so stay tuned!
Today I wanted to share a lower body, upper body circuit I did last week and loved. It pushes you just enough for your lower body, and then it switches to work your upper body. By the end of the two rounds, I was sweating and ready for a break! It took about 35-40 minutes with breaks in, just as a little background.
Lower Body, Upper Body Circuit
You will complete each lower body, upper body circuit two times, with a break after each set. Move on to the next circuit by following the arrows (you complete lower body then upper body and repeat). I used weight for every exercise, including holding them for squats and lunges. You do not have to, and remember to do what you can. Make sure you are following form, the most important aspect in any workout.
A few explanations on the exercises:
- Squat for 4, on the last one, pulse 4 counts, then repeat. You will do this 4 times.
- Side Squats- place right foot on bench/step/etc. and perform 14 squats. Then, switch and have the left foot on the bench.
- Squat to front punch- you will perform a squat, and as you come up, perform a front punch as you pivot your foot.
- Lunge, pulse 3, and switch- this is performed like alternating lunges. Every time you step forward into a lunge, you will hold it and pulse for 3 counts, then switch legs.
- Wide leg squats- lift heel for a few, then switch. If you can, hold both heels up.
- Squat walk- in a squat position, walk 4 counts to the right, then 4 to the left. Repeat for 8x
- 21’s- perform 7 bicep curls, 7 small curls up to belly button, 7 curls from belly button to shoulders.
You can always check out the exercise dictionary for videos for the exercises!
And for some workout talk…
– Tuesday– I ran 5 miles on the treadmill- 41.59 minutes
– Wednesday– I went to a different Bodysculpt class at my gym. My class was canceled since it was New Years. I also had to take my car to get tires aligned, but didn’t want to wait. I decided to run home, bring it was 2.08 miles, but it was only 21 degrees, felt like 8. Ouch! Hurt my face but other than that I felt great!
–Thursday– sat in the car for many hours, then walked at least 3 miles (if not many more!) Thursday night around Chicago.
–Friday– no real workout, except walking at least 9 (I used my Garmin for most of it) miles around Chicago! Amazing.
–Saturday– Squeezed in a 30 minute run on the treadmill in the hotel. I ran 3.57 miles. The room was small enough to fit in 4 treadmills and a pathway to walk to those right behind. There were 4 of us running the entire time, and made the room 90 degrees. I felt like I was running in total humidity! 30 minutes was all I could give without passing out, haha. We walked around Saturday too, probably a good 4 miles or so.
–Sunday– sat in the car for wayy too long. Thought about working out when I got home, but instead I got ready for the week and took down decorations.
– Monday– taught Bodysculpt
Total miles run for 2014— 671.89- not too shabby .I’ve never kept track of all my running before! This was really fun to note and see and I can’t wait to try to beat it this year!
Total miles run for 2015- 3.57 miles.