1. We had a major presentation at school on Monday from all of the fourth graders, inviting 3rd graders to watch and parents to come in. I put on a dress hoping to look nice for the parents, ya know? Well as they were all having a party to celebrate it in the afternoon, another teacher gave me the nicest compliment! She told me that I always look so well put together, my outfits always match, and I just find a way to look cute every day. Being that I don’t always feel like that, and I change right when I get home so no one sees me anyway, it was the nicest thing she could have said to me. Aren’t those unexpected compliments the best?
2. I had 10 people in my class Monday night! Last week I had 3, but was pumped nonetheless because I was new. I was shocked as more and more people kept coming in! Given the most a class gets in a week is typically hovering around 15 (it’s not a huge room), I felt pretty great! I would have been happy with like 4, but this made me so happy.
3. Two more days of school! Today is the last day of school for the kids, but I have to come for in service Monday and Tuesday (half days both days). I made these little bags for the kids. I waited until the end of the day yesterday to pass them out so I didn’t deal with the sugar highs
4. The storm on Wednesday was crazy! There was so much lightening, and thunder, plus it rained so hard I was practically driving through a flood. I had to teach my class or I would have never gone out in it. I ended up have two people show up- I’m not sure why they ventured out in it! The gym lost power during the class before me. Craziness!
(I was at a stop light when I took this!)
5. Unfortunately, due to said rain, we have realized where we are building the extra part of our deck is holding water. It was draining before, but when we had to lay down the black paper like you do for weeding, and put some gravel on it, it’s not holding it. We had high hopes of getting this thing done this weekend, but now we have to dig a large hole to put in a French Drain. Aaron has worked so hard on this deck! It just seems everything is much more complicated and more difficult than we first imagined. Still have hope that we can get things done!