Being that yesterday was Easter, I decided to get a little creative in my nails last week. I wanted to do something that reminded me of Easter, so I got to work! I also switched out my nail polish. Does anyone else do that? I have a bag for my winter colors, which are the darker, and a bag for spring and summer, which are pinks and purples! I am sick of the dark, winter ones being on my nails (although I love the look of dark nail polish on nails!) and needed some brightness!
Funny story, the day after I painted my nails, I headed to Walmart, where I needed to buy more nail polish, and bought 3 new colors. I have been dying to paint my nails any of these colors, but couldn’t see taking off my Easter design! Better believe I’m switching it out today!
The first thing I did was remove my old nail polish, and paint them purple. I associate purple with Easter, for no real reason.
I thought adding an egg would be an excellent decision because eggs also remind me of Easter.
After adding the egg, I needed to decorate it! So, I put some dots of different colors on it.
Added a touch of green to the corner!
It still looked a little plain, so I added some pink to the green design in the corner.
I finished with a top coat, and called it a day!
I won’t be keeping these on any longer than today, but thought it’d be fun to share how I match my nail designs to the holidays!
In other news, I mentioned the other day that Melissa was starting an April Organization Challenge. I actually have quite a few posts lined up to talk about organizing your room and the aspects of it, but those will be for other days 😉
I haven’t come up with all the ways I will be organizing, but I have a few ways:
- Organize my blog pictures into folders based on month, and topic.
- Clean out my hard drive on my Mac computer- I am OUT of space and can’t upload pictures from my computer
- Learn how to sync pictures onto my network from my Mac so I can organize those even more
- Start going through objects in my room and see what I have held on to for no reason and things I can get rid of. It is going to be extremely difficult to throw things away that I had held on to for no reason, but with a move in the near future, it has to be done.
- Organize what needs to be finished for our wedding and get rolling on sending papers in and making appointments
- Make sure my paperwork is all updated for teaching and start making more of a progress into the job hunt!
That’s all I have as of now, but I know there will be more that comes up throughout the month!
Favorite nail color?
What color do you associate with Easter?
Are you in a sugar coma today from all the treats yesterday?
- Are you going to enter the organization challenge? What is something that needs organized?