Somehow it’s the last week of March, so I wanted to touch on my March Goals and see how I did.
- Move Annabelle into her new room – Done!
- Workout 4 times a week (currently I do 6 but am cutting back to 5 and don’t want to get carried away dropping and just stop) – Yes! 4 has happened a few times, but the majority is 5.
- Drink more Water – Umm, no. Gahh why is this is hard for me!
- Stop eating sugary snacks just because. Be intentional with eating (aka be hungry!) – I’d say I’m half and half. I actually did go through a huge detox of sugar for no reason, but then I craved a bag of purple skittles, so yeah.
- Organize the little boys room. Determine what stuff still needs to be purchased. – I’ve made huge progress. I need to decide on what mirror I want hung and then we can get the third wall finished, and we’re waiting for his name in letters that my dad is making and my SIL is painting us some paintings. I can’t wait! I have some clothes out that are newborn and 0-3, and have the crib/bedding ready.
- Try one new recipe a week for dinner. This past week has been out of control with not wanting to cook or come up with meals. – I can’t remember but I think I succeeded in this. I’ve been making more meals at home, but I’m sort of blah with food so it’s hard. I feel like we’ve had the same meals on rotation but it’s working. Plus, A went through this huge picky phase so I was making food that I knew she’d like as well.
- Enjoy a date night with Aaron (and maybe Annabelle- we have a lot this month going on with needing sitters so it may be the three of us) – Umm, no. We do have plans for a date on Saturday though!
- Respond to comments within 2 days on the blog – Fail. I did just catch up yesterday but that was a week’s worth of posts. Oops! I did well at the beginning of the month and then once they get backed up, I’m awful at writing back.
- Plan out my weekly blog posts over the weekend, and work ahead if possible – Trying, but some weekends I am just so tired or A doesn’t nap long enough to get my other to do list done. I’m trying to also give myself grace and if a post doesn’t happen, it doesn’t happen.
- Be more intentional with my time with Annabelle. Go places, play without interruptions, have circle time, work on letters and colors. Do more crafts and projects. Just more intentional with our days. –This was huge when I did my social media detox. I noticed just how much time I was wasting and how much more time we had for her! We’ve been going to the library way more often, the park, playing outside and in her room, and I’ve been following her lead. I won’t lie- we do still watch TV mostly in the mornings and then some evenings if we’ve been go go go and she could use a break. This also coincides when Aaron comes home and sometimes just needs some cuddles and a break, too!
All in all, I’m proud of myself for this month! I’ve really made things a priority and decided what needs done first. There have been times that my to do list stops and I crawl into bed or on the couch because I need a nap at that second! And that’s okay.