Happy Monday! It’s going to be a great week, everyone! Remember all the positive we have in life!
I am so blessed to be having two showers for our wedding, and this weekend we went to register for them! It was marvelous! Aaron and I have already registered at Target, but we were so much better prepared this time!
Ready to register! (Excuse the mess in the background)
We ended up heading to Bed Bath & Beyond, and were directed back to the Registry table. Now, at Target, we were handed the gun and told “Have fun!” and we were off on our own, which we enjoyed. At BBB, this lady decided to come with us and try to register for us. She wasn’t handing over the gun, wasn’t letting us go, and I was not enjoying it! I finally got her to leave us alone and we had a great time!
There was one problem: we don’t have a house yet!, which made registering so hard! We ended up not adding everything we will need to our registry, only because we are hoping to have a house and be able to envision what we need. Then, we will head back to finish up. If we don’t have a house, we will head back and put on what we think we need. What we did add, we loved and I can’t wait for my shower!
I have come up with a few things to keep in mind when registering, and what we found works best:
- Food-We went to breakfast ahead of time, which allowed us to have the energy to manage! It takes a lot out of you, and a lot of time, so we were well prepared this time!
I had an egg white and cheese on ciabatta breakfast sandwich, and Aaron and I split a cinnamon roll!
- List– Come up with a list of what you need. We knew what we needed to look for, but had a hard time knowing what we already registered for. I should have determined what we already had, and then gone from there.
- What do you already have?– Again, determine what you already have at home for your new house, so you don’t register for it. We have a few things from deals on Black Friday and just from college (Keurig, waffle maker, hot chocolate maker) that we don’t need on a registry.
- Go early in the day, or later in the evening– The worst thing is to be registering and contemplating choices in aisles while others are trying to show! We went at 11:00am and it worked perfectly! There were some people there, but never a huge crowd.
- Research– Research before you head out. There are so many types of everything so see what you do need, and then research for brands, prices, reviews!
Again, these things worked for us and helped make our time a lot more enjoyable!
Our day didn’t end there, though! I found out last week that my wedding band had come in, rather than taking the 71 days it was supposed to. Aaron and I made a detour to get it, and checked out (and ordered) his wedding band!
I love the choice he made! I can’t wait until we are married and I see him wearing it everyday.
My ring! Wahoo!! Anything in this bag makes me a very happy girl!
Have a MARVELOUS Monday, everyone!
What’s your favorite appliance?
Is there anything on your wish list for your house?