Benny is pretty excited it’s Friday. He thinks it’s been a long week.
Side note: Anytime I sit with my legs crossed on the ground, he immediately jumps in and cuddles up to go to sleep.
1. This. I’m not saying it’s the hardest job out there, but it’s definitely harder than what people think. Every time I share a story with someone on what’s going on, or what’s different today, they are shocked. Makes you think twice before you say it’s an easy job.
2. Loved, loved, loved all your sweet comments yesterday! You sure do know how to make me feel the best. I feel confident it was the right decision, and am not giving up longer distances in the future if things change with my stomach. But for now, I know I’ll have a blast sharing this day with so many people! I believe we have two relay’s from just our families alone! It’ll be so fun.
3. After my eye appointment yesterday afternoon, I decided to hit up Marshalls. It’s closer to my parent’s than us, and was down the road from the doctors. I had full intentions to start shopping for my brother and Aaron. I know exactly what I want to get them, and thought maybe I would find things there. I started shopping in the shoes (who doesn’t?) and made my way around the store- stopping at the active apparel. Oh my word! I found so many adorable tops (think thumbholes and running tops) that I definitely want. I also found various accessories, like headbands, wrist pocket, etc. for running. Honestly, I was in heaven in that store. I took pictures of so much, and sent them to my mom. I had been explaining kind of what I wanted, but I cannot pay full price for tops. I wish I could, but I am 1. cheap, and 2. would hardly own anything then. Anyway, I sure hope Santa got the message so I can wake up to all this adorable running apparel!
4. I’m not sure I mentioned it, but we did put a fake Christmas tree in our office. It’s fully decorated, and looks great. However, Benson loves it. I mean, loves it. The second you open the door to the office, he darts from wherever he is. Unfortunately, this little munchkin is ruining it! He’s biting the lights, playing with the ornaments (thank goodness they are unbreakable ones!), and the branches are starting to fall. I have resorted to the spray bottle, and he hates it. I’m really hoping this deters him before we get a real one. I can see him covered in sap after work one day.. oh boy!
I started disciplining him after I took a video and this picture, ha. I know, I shouldn’t have, but he is just really cute in the tree.
5. I am so excited for all the holiday things going on starting next week! I am a full believer in being thankful for everything we have all year round, and getting to be around family. We are definitely making the most out of our holiday season, but I’m trying to remember to slow down, and enjoy each moment. It can be really difficult, sometimes, when we get carried away. I’m pretty sure we have things each weekend from now until Christmas! It will be so fun.
Does/did your animal love the Christmas tree?
Where do you get the majority of your workout clothes?
I never really shopped at TJ Maxx or Marshalls. Most times, it overwhelms me going through all the racks, but now I love it! I still shop at Wal Mart, Gap, JCPenney, and sometimes Target, though, for workout apparel!