After sharing my before and after pictures of my room the other day, I received comments on how did I clean it, and what their room looks like now. I thought I’d share my tips on how to organize your room, desk, closet being that I just did it. In no way am I perfect, but I do think having an organized room saves me from stress when entering.Each week in April I will give you tips to clean a different area in your room! This also fits perfectly with Melissa’s challenge for April. You can use these tips to help you in that challenge!
Tips for Organizing your desk:
- What things do you use most often? Keep those out.
- I leave out my computer, calendar, some highlighters, and the mug up on the top right corner. I throw loose things in it at the end of the day (HRM, sunglasses, flash drives, etc.)
- Purchase an organizer for your desk to store different products. I have one that I put my scissors, pens, and pencils in, along with a small notepad.
- Use folders to your benefit. Do you have bills on your desk? Keep track of them in file folders. Make one for unpaid, and one for paid bills. This will remove clutter from your desk.
- Put things away immediately. My desk can be one of the biggest clutter spots in my room. It is so easy to place things on it, and then never touch them again.
- If it takes less than one minute, do it now. I learned this from The Happiness Project. Papers need filed? Clutter need put away? Do it right now because chances are, it will take you less than a minute and save you from a huge pile later on.
- Are there things on your desk you can hide? I have a few containers on my desk for objects I don’t need now, but I might need. Instead of leaving them just around my desk (makes me feel more claustrophobic), I put them in the container. No one sees the mess that it is! I usually have post its, receipts, notecards in those, as well as refill for pens (school supplies are my favorite thing!).
I hope you learned something new that you can use to keep your desk clutter free! I swear when there is less clutter, I get more things done! There is less to distract me, and I can focus on my work that much more!
What area do you need help organizing?
Do you work better with more clutter?
What does your desk look like right now?