This weekend was great on so many different levels! Here are some highlights, bullet style.
- Aaron came home! Woo! Obviously the biggest highlight of them all!
- Didn’t work on Friday so we got to be lazy together.
- Our friends wedding was Saturday! It was absolutely gorgeous and I am so happy for both of them!
Lindsay was stunning! A beautiful veil topped it all off! Lindsay’s dad was diagnosed with MS years ago, but was unbelievable during the wedding! You could see the love he had for his daughter.
Husband and wife! They began dating soon after Aaron and I, making their wedding hugely anticipated just as ours was.
The reception was held at Bella Sera and was fantastic! The décor was gorgeous and the food was delicious.
There was not a dry eye in the house for this next moment. I’ve known Lindsay since grade school, and her dad has always been in a wheelchair. Imagine all of us as he got up out of it to dance with her! It was for a few seconds, but it touched everyone and we were all a crying mess! Talk about beautiful!
- We went to the ALS walk in Pittsburgh on Saturday morning. I loved how many people took the Ice Bucket Challenge (I did it too) as our good friend, Becky’s mom is currently affected by it. It’s so sad what it does, but I’m grateful for how many people participated and donated for ALS this year.
By the way, the bottom center pic is of Aaron and me with Chris Kunitz, a hockey player for the Pittsburgh Penguins! We were both really excited, though Aaron hated that I asked him for a picture 😉
- We hoped for a day on the boat on Sunday, but between Aaron’s jet lag, and the Steelers home opener, we just hung out at home. I got some meal planning and meal prep done, and I feel ready for the week.