This Quick and Easy Toddler Valentines Day Gift for Daddy uses cheap supplies you probably have at home! It’s easy to do, and keeps your toddler’s attention long enough to finish! Go ahead and grab the supplies and surprise daddy with this gift on Valentine’s Day!
Quick and Easy Toddler Valentines Day Gift for Daddy:
I won’t lie; I’m not a huge Valentine’s Day person. Honestly, with a kiddo, I’m not a huge gift person anymore! Don’t get me wrong, I will take them, but I’d rather see the surprise on Annabelle’s face with presents, and help her to make her own. This gift is no different. Aaron and I won’t be exchanging gifts, but that didn’t mean Annabelle wasn’t going to make him one! I can’t wait to see his face when she surprises him with this present.
This Quick and Easy Toddler Valentines Day Gift for Daddy is honestly simple and I had all the supplies around my house. You don’t need much, and what you don’t have, you can find at your local craft store.
- Empty Toilet paper roll or paper towel roll with 2 pieces of tape
- Red fingerpaint
- Red ribbon
- Hot glue gun
- Red Sharpie
- Flat canvas size 8.5 x 11 (or cardstock which you can frame, or just a regular canvas)
- Take your paper towel roll or toilet paper, and cut it to a size that your child can hold. You will just fold in one side to make a heart and use two pieces of tape to hold it together.
- Using your pencil, write out your desired saying on the canvas to make sure it looks good. Once it does, use the red sharpie to go over it.
- Next, put the red finger paint on a plate, paper towel, napkin. You don’t need too much. Dab one end of the toilet paper roll into the red paint, and start dabbing it all over the canvas!
4. Let them do it however they want. I let Annabelle go for it, and she’d dab it in paint and go back to the canvas. She also used her fingers to swirl around a few, as you can see, ha!
5. Once it was dried, I used the hot glue gun and glued ribbon all around.
6. All done!
Do you exchange gifts for Valentine’s Day?
Do anything special for the holiday?
Linking up with Amanda for Thinking Out Loud