We did it! We made it to Friday! For whatever reason, this week has dragged on. Oh well, that’s why we can all be excited for me that it’s Friday.
It’s time for another:
1. Full blown hail. This week has been amazing weather wise. We have gone straight from winter into spring, basically. We even hit 80 two days this week! But! We had full blown hail on Wednesday. I’m not talking a little bit of hail. I’m talking huge. Aaron and I were out house hunting, when it started out of the blue! Hail so loud it sounded like pennies being thrown at the car. If you don’t believe me, look at this!
Odd part about this is that we were 10 minutes from my house…. and they didn’t have any hail or rain.. hmm? Regardless, I fell asleep to rain on the roof and thunder out my window on Wednesday night. Best way to fall asleep!
2. Spontaneous dinner. One goal for the month included getting all of my clearances and paperwork up to date for teaching. This meant I needed to drive through town to get my fingerprints taken after school yesterday. I went right during rush hour. I had no choice, but it still didn’t rock my socks. My parents had gone out also, which meant we had no dinner in our kitchen-les house. What is a girl to do? Call Aaron to see what their dinner was Unfortunately, there really wasn’t one, so Aaron and I went up the street and had a spontaneous dinner out! It was nice to catch up with each other! Best part about it; we walked there because it was so nice!
He has the coolest smile, right?
3. Rockin’ my socks smoothie. I need to credit whoever told me to add oatmeal into my smoothie, which means if it was you, tell me! I love smoothies, but hardly make them because they just don’t keep me full. So, I end up eating cereal and a smoothie, and then feel like I just ate enough for three people. Enter: oatmeal. Here’s how it went. 1/2 cup Frozen Berries (strawberries, blueberries, and some other berry I’m forgetting), 6 oz Powerade Zero orange flavor, 1 scoop Strawberry protein powder, 1 small banana, and a 1/4 cup oatmeal! Blend it all up and it’s fabulous. I used dry oatmeal in it, and hardly tasted it. Sometimes I would get a crunch, which I thoroughly enjoyed. Best part about it was that it kept me full until lunch! I packed a ton of snacks in case I was a starvin’ marvin, but I wasn’t! I think I would add 1/2 cup oatmeal next time, or maybe a 1/3 just to have a little more crunch. I also am going to attempt to get my hands on some spinach soon to add in there! Rumors tell me you can’t taste it… My taste buds will for sure let you know!
4. Animal awesomeness. How cute are my animals? Niko has a friend on the street behind us, who is about 60 pounds more than he is, but size doesn’t matter, and he literally cries when he knows this friend is near. Case in point: last night. This dog was walking around, but not going to stop for a play date. We closed the door so Niko wouldn’t see, but no such luck. I guess he smelt the dog, and he freaked out! Niko cried and ran to the back door, front door, window, back door, upstairs, all over. He ended up chilling with Myste on the window.
On Wednesday, Myste cuddled up to a bunny on our chair upstairs. She likes to hide in with the bunny so Niko doesn’t find her. This meant we still have a bunny hanging out around our house even though Easter is over! But really, she is the cutest and makes you want to snuggle with her, right?
5. No more desserts. Kinda. I really am trying to cut back on my dessert overload. I have pretty much become addicted and dependent on having some kind of sweet after dinner. I never feel “full” after dinner until I have some chocolate in my hand. I hardly ever enjoy it or taste it, but I know I ate it. After seeing everyone’s progress with the sugar detox last week, I am trying to cut back on my intake. I am by no means making everything off limit, or taking sugar away from everything, because no one would want to be around me, and I probably wouldn’t like food. I am making an effort to enjoy what I eat, and just cut back on it all. I made these the other night and honestly, I really enjoyed it, and it wasn’t sugar!
Thinly sliced Granny Smith apple topped with some stevia, and cinnamon!
Plans for the weekend!
I’m pretty excited for this weekend. It is going to include lots of time with my mom, and I can’t wait! Tonight we have plans to see The Sound of Music at the local high school. Aaron’s brother plays in the band, and it is my mom’s favorite movie. Aaron and his mom are going to join us, so it’ll be a cute little date
Tomorrow is even better! My dad, Matt, and Aaron are heading up North to get our boat from the mines, and then taking it to Deep Creek Lake to get it all ready to go in the water. That will take them all day, which means it is just my mom and me. We have plans to drop Niko off at doggy day care (he absolutely loves going there with other dog friends!) and head to the mall! We are going to finish up some registering at Bed, Bath, and Beyond, finally. We are also going to start shopping for some Bridesmaid gifts, and a few other things my mind is blanking on! I love days when we just have time to hang out, and no schedule to follow! Makes everything much more enjoyable.
What are your plans for the weekend? Do you always have a schedule for your day? What’s something funny your pet does? I need new smoothie recipes! If you have any, link it up in the comments please!