Janae posted this short quiz on her blog all about running, and I thought it would be fun to do it myself! Thanks for the quiz, Hungry Runner Girl!
1. On average how many races do you run a year?
Not many.. Many one or two. I’ve been working on getting my stomach race ready, so hopefully that will change in the new future! Oh, and if races were cheap..
2. Head accessories, things you have to run with: a hat, a visor, sunglasses, chapstick, sunscreen, head band, ponytail, braids, sweat band?
I wear sunglasses all the time, have to put chap stick on before I go running, my hair is in a ponytail, and I have a headband. Every.single.run. I try to do the sunscreen thing, and if I put it on way before running, I am ok. But, have you ever gone running and have sunscreen in your eyes from sweat? Worst idea ever! I also hate when I sweat and all of a sudden the sunscreen I just put on is now white and on top of my skin. Real attractive.
3. Where do your workouts come from? A training plan, a coach, whatever you feel like doing that day or what your training partner is doing that day?
I make up my own running workouts. I really like to do it, and I know what my body can handle and on what days. I typically write out calendars for workouts for a month so I know what is coming up and have it all ready for me!
4. How many miles on average do you put on a pair of shoes?
I can’t say for sure how many miles but I can say that I typically have them for about 9 months, give or take. That might not be correct in the least bit, but I can always tell when I need new ones.. and then I proceed to wait months because they are too expensive.
5. Cell phone= do you bring it with you on your run or leave it at home?
Always run with it. Well, 99% of the time. If I am running around my neighborhood which is closed in and 1/2 mile loop, I don’t always have it.
6. What was your last running related injury or have you been an injury free runner?
A couple weeks ago my knee decided to blow up on my run, so that was fun, but it hasn’t been terrible.
7. Is your current running goal about running a farther distance (adding more mileage) or getting faster or BOTH?!?
8. Speedwork—-> at the track, on the treadmill, on the roads or never do it?
I try to do it, and lately it has been on the treadmill! I’m hoping to head to a track soon, though, to work on it.
9. Stretching after a run: hit the ground after a run and get stretching, stretch in the shower, stretch once you get to work/school, skip the stretching?
I’m really bad at stretching..
10. What was your reason(S) for starting to run?
To run the Race for the Cure 5K to support my aunt. It turned into a passion after that and I haven’t looked back!
Answer one, two, three, or all the questions! Feel free to link up on your own blog!