As I sit here watching the Olympics, I thought I’d just chat with you today and catch up on life. Grab some tea (or wine…) and let’s chat.
If we were having tea, I’d tell you…
- I’m eating cookie cake and drinking wine. Perfect end to Valentine’s day
- Speaking of Valentine’s day, ours was great, and low key. I’ll recap more on that tomorrow!
- I think I’m enjoying the winter Olympics more than the summer. I wasn’t sure which was my favorite, but I feel like I like watching just about every sport on these ones, compared to just gymnastics and swimming in the summer.
- These skiing and snowboarding runs are making me nervous. Did you watch the Japanese man wipe out on Tuesday night? Oh gosh, I was a nervous wreck watching Shaun White after that! He was amazing.
- We got an ottoman last weekend, and it’s life changing to sit and be totally unproductive on the couch with! No more fighting for space on the couch, ha!
If we were drinking tea, I’d tell you…
- I’m really enjoying my kids now. Annabelle is at a great age to be independent (though the tantrums and boo boos are some days constant!), and Nolan is starting to actually play and I can put him down so there’s that, ha. I don’t count down to bedtime as much these days as I was a couple months ago. But, things definitely still aren’t easy.. just different and fun.
- We are heading to my parents for dinner tonight, which means I’ve had two nights without cooking dinner- woo woo! … and that’s how you know you’re getting old.
- I register Annabelle for preschool on Saturday. WHAT! Like how is she old enough. I just don’t understand but I think it will be so great for her. I also think it will be nice to have one on one time with Nolan. But, hold me as I sign her up.
- I’m back on the Essential Oil bandwagon. I just can’t make up my darn mind if I should get them or not. And which ones! I guess any is better than none, and I should go for the kids safe ones? But then I hear they are toxic to cats, so I just don’t knowwww. If you have any thoughts on this, like when you use them, what you use, etc. tell me!
- How did the world live without Amazon? I have bought more clothes on there recently than I ever knew was possible, and they have pretty much everything I could ever want. If they don’t have it, it probably doesn’t exist
- After being super strong on the workout front last week, I’ve been slacking this week. Maybe it’s due to that wine and cookie cake I mentioned Regardless, I am starting half marathon training very soon and I need that to motivate me!
Okay.. I’m off to finish watching some Olympics, finish my wine, and probably have another slice of cookie cake Have a wonderful day!