I’m not exactly sure why, but this week seemed to drag. Oh well, now it’s time for the weekend!
1. Niko came to visit the other day. We are trying to get him and Benson together more so they become friends. I really miss Niko not coming over, but I don’t want to scare my kitty! Benson was hissing a bit and growled a little (and made some sounds I didn’t know existed…) but then he was fine and kept trying to get closer to Niko! Seems Niko was the baby in this game, and would back away. How a big dog is scared of a little kitten is beyond me!
2. I was in quite the baking mood on Tuesday. I’m talking chocolate chip cookies, pumpkin rolls, cinnamon rolls, banana bread, rice krispy treats, and banana protein muffins. Yes, really that much. Sometimes, you just have too much on your plate and it’s better to keep busy than to deal with them.
3. I just love how Benny comes and cuddles up with me and Aaron all the time. He could be in mid-play but will jump up and just lay down on our chest, stomach, or legs (whichever he can get to!).
Such a studious buddy!
4. Our weekend isn’t crazy busy, but has me the happiest that I could be! After some pretty busy ones, not having plans at all hours of all days is pretty nice. Tomorrow night, my cousin Jenn is having a Scentsy party which I am really excited about! Scentsy is basically like a candle, except there is no fire. You plug it in (I think!) and it has a warming plate so you can smell the fragrance all over!
5. We have to pull our boat out of the water today It’s always a sad day when this happens, but I’m even more sad this year because of how crappy our summer was. We did not use our boat enough by any means. In fact, I think we used it twice from Deep Creek (beginning of July) to now. Between the cold nights making the water cold, and all the rain and flooding we have had, the river has been too gross and dangerous to take the boat out. Way too much debris going on. Here’s hoping next year is a better year!