Hi friends! I thought it’d be fun to just chat about whatever comes to mind, so here we go! Play along and tell me something that’s going on with you lately!
1. I’m typing this up last night and really thought it was Thursday and Grey’s Anatomy was on. Thankfully the CMA’s were on which still made me happy but gosh I was really looking forward to Grey’s! On the TV note, we finished Stranger Things 2 in 3 days. I thought it was so good!
2. We were under a boil water advisory for 48 hours from Monday to Wednesday. Guys. It was annoying and rough. Couldn’t use the dishwasher, no sink water. We had to use bottled water or boil water and let it cool down before using. Washing bottles was just the annoying part.
3. It is cold! Like, so cold. The low tonight is 25. I think we skipped fall and went to winter
4. Daylight savings is still kicking mine and Nolan’s butt. I’ve been up at 4ish all week, followed shortly after by a baby. WHAT THE HECK!
5. Nolan’s wardrobe isn’t all that great. I mean, he’s cute and has some cute clothes, but I just never bought much for him besides basics. Yesterday I was feeling blah about it and wanted to make sure I had a couple nicer outfits for 6-9 months so I pulled out the stuff that had been graciously given to us, only to find a bin beside it that had so many 3-6 month clothes. Like, the cute ones that my friend Alison had lent to us but thought I had them all out. So now Nolan will be dressed in cute outfits until he no longer fits. And he has soft PJs because I just found like 8 more.
6. I made my Christmas lists as to who I need to buy for yesterday and it’s overwhelming. I am such a fan of Black Friday and deals in general, so I’ve been checking out the ads as they leak and making my plan of attack. I wish that Black Friday was the same as years ago and we had the thrill of a 4 am shopping trip, but now I’ll be doing most shopping just online.
7. Nolan has his first ear infection and it’s so sad. He’s been sick for a few weeks, and Monday morning was just beside himself and started pulling on his ear. We went in that morning and I’m really hoping we turn a corner with this sickness soon! He’s still a smiley little dude, though!
8. Tea. Gimme all the tea. The cooler temps have meant so much tea, and I don’t hate that. My favorite are Awake English Breakfast, Zen, and Pumpkin Chai. What are your favorites? I’d love to try new ones!
9. I got really used to not having to make lunches at night when Aaron was gone. In fact, I forgot to make Aaron a lunch yesterday, realizing right before he left. Not a big deal- there’s a cafeteria, but I think it was the only day since we got married that I forgot. Whoops!
10. I bought the protein cookie Lenny & Larry’s complete cookie at Trader Joe’s a few weeks ago. I finally ate it at work on Tuesday, and thought it was really good. But then a few hours later, I was so sick. Like, on the couch couldn’t move for a few hours. It’s the only thing I can figure out that could have made me sick?? Weird, but now I’m scared to eat any more!
And with that, I’m going to go drink some tea and watch the CMA’s. Also, if you haven’t listened to Thomas Rhett Unforgettable, go listen. It’s so good.