Hi friends! Happy Friday! I hope you have awesome weekend plans ahead. We’re finally heading to Kennywood, which I’m sure will be a blast! Steelers are also playing, and Aaron has a hockey game. It’s going to be a good one!
Let’s talk about the happenings this week. I actually felt like this week went really fast. Wednesday night I was shocked it was going to be Thursday. I love when that happens!
- So Nolan and Annabelle are both sick-ish. Nothing too serious, but stuffy noses, sometimes runny noses, and slight coughs. Add in the fussiness from both, and it’s a bit rough. They haven’t been too bad, but let’s just say those toddler tantrums are even worse when sick. Annabelle did take a 3 hour nap on Wednesday, so that counts for something, right?
- The weather has been so fallish, and I’m not hating it! Well, I do hate it because we haven’t used the boat much at all this year. It’s been such a soggy, rainy mess, so I’m torn between wanting summer to continue just for the boat, vs wanting fall because of the weather. Tough decisions. It’s as if I can choose what I want, ha!
- Wednesday night we headed to my in-law’s church for a family picnic where they had bounce houses, picnic dinner, and soccer/baseball inflatables. Plus a huge jungle gym! It was a lot of fun. Sadly, Annabelle couldn’t really figure out how to climb up the inflatables inside to come down the slide and instead just said, “Help, Help” before wanting out. She was a bit too small, but with her not feeling her best, it just made her whine, lol.
- I woke up Wednesday and Thursday mornings before the kids and got in workouts. Woo! I ran Wednesday morning, and completed this workout yesterday morning. I even showered before the kids got up. Winning at life, let me tell you! Now, will it continue, no one knows.
- Back when we got rid of our office and made it Annabelle’s room, we moved the desk into our room. I had hopes of actually working at the desk, but the couch wins 99.9% of the time. It was taking up a lot of space, and we really just needed a small console table. A quick search on Craigslist and I found a $20 side table that is perfect. After waiting a few nights for Aaron to switch them and him not doing it (I blame Fantasy Football…) I tackled the project myself. The wires still need hung in the back so you can’t see them, but it’s perfect for when we need the computer.
- I ordered a ton of jeans from Kohl’s last week, and the majority came in yesterday. I wasn’t sure what size I was, so I ordered about 3 sizes in each style. The whole order hasn’t come in, but so far I have a deep purple pair of jeggings, black jeggings, and two pairs of skinny jeans that I love! Now I need to get rid of some of my jeans for sure.
- Has anyone else started thinking about Christmas? No? Just me? Ha I made a list of all we need to buy for, and I’d love to tackle some throughout the next few months instead of just at the end of the year. It never goes as planned, but I’m hopeful. I also have been making a list of all that I need to get on Black Friday. For myself. Boots are high on the list!
- My fall decorations aren’t out yet, but I did go crazy at the Target $ bin. It just sucked me in. I don’t even think I need anything I bought but we shall see. I can always return! I am hoping to get fall decor up this weekend. I just need someone to hang with the kids while I do it, uhm, which will be Aaron.
- Also, I’m terrible and never mentioned anything about Harvey or Irma. I actually have family in Houston and was following up with them throughout the week, but just kept forgetting when I wrote posts. Everyone effected has been in my thoughts and I’m hoping they can get things cleaned up soon. Those in Florida are also in my thoughts as Irma makes landfall. Praying it’s not as bad as they say.
Hope everyone has a safe and fun weekend ahead!