Another week down, right? I’m anxious for a weekend with my favorite people after work today. One of the hardest parts of going back to work is knowing Aaron is off with the kiddos and I’m at work. I loved having those Fridays off with him on my maternity leave. Oh well!
Let’s talk about things that went on this week!
- I started having “circle time” to teach Annabelle each morning. I sort of hate how her birthday falls because she couldn’t get into any preschool this year, but I needed to start some structure. It’s nothing crazy- alphabet, counting, days of the week, shapes, colors- but it’s something! I hung up some signs in her room the other day and love that she has a “learning” space. The attention to sit and pay attention isn’t quite there.. but we’re working on it I’m hoping next week to start with different lessons on different shapes, numbers, and letters.
- Nolan is loving standing in toys! We were at my BIL’s house again the other night (she made us dinner!) and Nolan was such a fan of their exersaucer. He likes it way more than our jumparoo, but he does hang out in there for a little bit at a time.
- I haven’t touched on it (but plan to soon) but Nolan started Physical Therapy this week and did great. He’s getting it once a week for the time being, and I’m hoping he doesn’t need it for too long.
- I woke up three days this week before the kids and got in workouts. LOVED having them done before the day started.
- I found this image on Facebook the other night, and for all you mommas out there dealing with tantrums, I wanted to share. Annabelle has them for sure, and my biggest thing is just to remove her and just let her have it. I ignore her and tell her when she’s done she can talk.
- I ran to the store the other night for cookie supplies and I came home to Annabelle wearing the fanciest dress she owns and her tennis shoes. I laughed so hard and Aaron said she wanted to “wear her princess dress” I’m not sure how she even knew she had one, lol, but it cracked me up!
- Annabelle has always loved her brother, but she didn’t necessarily know what to do with him, if you know what I mean. She would hold him, but he couldn’t really play. She would give him his blankie and binky (Even if he didn’t want them! ha) but now she’s playing with him by reading to him, giving him toys, and hugging him. Nolan was super fussy the other day and I set him down to go get his binky. Well, he was crying but I knew he was fine so I kept going to get the binky and left him. When I came back, Annabelle had her arm on him and was patting him saying “it’s ok.” HEART MELTED!
- I also meal planned this week and I’m not sure we ate any meal on that meal plan. No idea what’s going on with that, but my desire to cook has flown out the window. Leave a comment with any of your favorite meals lately!
Okayyy, time to get to work so I can get it done and be home. Aaron has a game tonight and Annabelle has soccer tomorrow, but besides that we don’t have much going on! I’m hoping to get on the boat one of the days at least!