Now that I am off the treadmill, and taking my running outside, I typically have questions about what I take when I run or what I wear when I run. It can be as easy as just grabbing your shoes and heading out the door, but more often than not, we take more with us.
The number one thing I think of when I go running is that I want to be safe. I want people to know where I am, and have a way to get a hold of me, so my cell phone is always with me. I feel better holding it with me as we never know what could happen, and that’s important to remember!
Besides my cell phone, here are the things I take with me!
1. Headbands– Last but not least, I need a good headband! I need them to keep my hair back and not fall out because those drive me nuts! I use BAMR bands a lot, or a few from Marshall’s, too. I have a few from BIC Bands, too, which are great!
2. With the arm band, I take headphones. If I am running on a secluded trail, early in the morning, late in the evening, or just without many people around, I typically don’t use them. If I do, it’s only one ear just so I can hear my surroundings.
3. Arm Band– I could use a new one of these, but this one still works! I am able to use my phone through the screen, so I don’t have to take it out all the time. I am always afraid to drop my phone when I run and hold it, so this way I feel more comfortable.
4. Tank Top or T Shirt– These also have to be Dri-Fit material. I like wear tank tops, but will wear T-shirts if I need to. Lately, I’ve been wearing arm sleeves with tank tops, and then just pulling them down when I get hot. It’s a win win.
5. Wrist pocket- I use this for my keys. I hate hate hate carrying keys, so I put them in this little pocket I got from Marshall’s and then forget about them!
6. Brooks Ghost 6 Shoes– These are my new favorite shoes! I love how they feel and how much better my runs are with them on.
7. SMART Water– This goes along with #1, but because my electrolytes get screwed up during runs, I have to drink at least half of this before going running. I know you are probably thinking you could never run with that much water chugged right before. Believe me, I used to think the same thing (and hear this all the time!). In the end, though, my body needs the electrolytes, and uses them to where I don’t even notice I have extra water in me! haha I drink this before I go running, though, so I don’t need to bring it with me (unless it’s really warm and fountains aren’t along the way on a long run).
8. Shot Bloks– Mountain Berry is my favorite flavor! I take one before my runs as it helps keep my Colitis under control. If I am running 6 or more miles, I start taking one every 2-3 miles, too.
9. Feetures! Socks- I can’t run without these on my feet. I do wash just so I can have them for my runs. I can’t even explain how they make my feet feel, but it’s amazing, haha.
10. Shorts– Last but not least… I am a shorts girl. I would rather wear shorts than pants or capris. Some capris I do love, but there are many that annoy me more than anything. I don’t have favorite shorts, but typically any that are a bit flowy, but have a drawstring that I can pull tighter work for me. Oh, they have to be Dri-Fit, too.
Those are the typical things I am wearing or bringing with my on my runs! If you have any other questions, let me know! I love sharing my favorites!