September is a common transition month. Many transition from the slow, flexible days of summer to a strict routine with school. Some are back at school after having a few months with family and friends. Weather starts to transition into what the US hopes is a nice cool fall.
I can sit here and say I can’t wait for the weather to cool down but I know that as soon as I say it and the weather does cool down, the feeling of the summer days starts to wonder off and I begin to miss it. I have had such a great summer with my little fam, and hate to see it go.
One thing I’ve realized over the years is that change happens, and it doesn’t have to be terrible. In an effort to embrace this change in the seasons of life, I’ve thought about things I want to do this month that I’m looking forward to.
What I’m looking forward to in September
- Attending some community days around here. It’s nice to support our community and let Annabelle experience more outside.
- Enjoy the cooler days with more walks in the afternoon.
- Head to the park after dinner more! My BIL and SIL are moving about 3 minutes away, and there’s a great park about 5 minutes away so I am anxious to have cousin play dates at the park!
- Family Cookout
- The end of boating season (not excited it’s the end, but excited to continue using the boat!)
- Free days throughout town. Many different museums and kid attractions around Pittsburgh are free for a specific day (locals, google Pittsburgh free days!) so I’m hoping to get to one or two of them. I know it will be crowded, though, so we need to take those into consideration.
- Enjoying the time away from A to teach fitness classes (more coming soon!)
- Slow mornings with a cup of tea. While summer was a time to slow down, it also meant rushing around early on if we wanted to do anything before the heat set in. I am enjoying the cooler mornings that allow us to hang out a bit at home before jumping into the day.
- A more set routine. I’ve been working hard at delegating time towards tasks. I know I have a long way to go, but instead of letting Annabelle’s nap times go by with nothing to show, I’ve been trying to tackle projects.
- DIY Kitchen makeover! More to come on that soon! Aaron plans to take a week off work at the end of September to tackle this. I’d offer to help, but someone has to take care of the baby 😉 (I kid, I kid.. I would be happy to help!)