Let’s get right to it! It’s Friday, finally
1. This week has brought some weird weather with it. We’ve had dry days, major storms with hail, just plain rainy days, sunny days, and windy days! Who knew you could have all of that. I went running yesterday after school because it was a day the sun would be out and it was finally nice. Well, when you are used to 40s and below for months, 87 (!) is a kick in the butt. It was definitely a challenging workout, let me tell you! I also forgot water on said run.. that was an awful idea!
2. Have I mentioned my birthday is in 8 DAYS! Yep, next Saturday I turn the big 2-4, ha. I know, it’s not big at all, but it’s still my birthday I’m trying to decide if I should have a different dessert for every day leading up to it, or continue on past my birthday with dessert through the weekend. Hmm, tough decisions. I know.. I’ll probably do both
3. Since Aaron’s birthday was last Saturday, and mine is next Saturday, my parents are having us over for dinner tomorrow night to celebrate. I think steak is on the menu, but our gift is way more fun. Yes, I already know about it, but I’ll keep you in suspense until we get it! (hint.. think summertime dinners…)
4. Our boat is coming out of hiding tomorrow! The boys are going down to Deep Creek to get it out for the summer! Our plan is to dock it next Friday night so it stays in the water and we are free to use it whenever. The only problem is that with the freezing winter came the frozen river, so the temperatures will probably be awful. Oh well, at least we can go out on it and not get wet!
Can’t wait for this view to happen more often!
5. This week I’ve been on a less is more workout kind of thing. It’s not that I haven’t been doing them, but it’s more I haven’t felt like I need to do it. I’ve been more tired so I’ve slept in most mornings. I didn’t plan my workouts, and just figured I would do something if I felt like it. Tuesday was one of those days I had no intentions to work out. But, I came home from work and was sitting on my couch and genuinely wanted to work out. I didn’t feel guilty I hadn’t, or felt like I needed to or my day was bad. I just wanted to get up and move, so I did a T25 workout. It was only 25 minutes (rough, though…) and I loved it. I am enjoying doing workouts that I want, and not having the pressure to get so many done in a week. With spring and summer upon us, I am staying up later, so not getting up super early, and busy living my life instead. I think that’s what life should be (that doesn’t mean live your life eating chips and drinking pop on the couch!)
What have YOUR workouts been like lately?
Are you a storm lover or hater?
I actually love storms. I don’t know why, but there is something so calming about them to me. It was storming bad on Wednesday morning, and all I wanted to do was stay home and enjoy it, haha.