I love surveys, and particularly love would you rather type questions. I did one a few weeks ago but love the chance for another! Cori came up with a Would You Rather running style edition, and I just couldn’t pass it up! Here goes:
1. Would you rather run a 5k or a marathon? This is tricky for me. I would love to run long distances and do a marathon, but my stomach condition doesn’t allow it. I don’t find 5K’s very fun, but I guess I’d go with that. I prefer 8K, 10K, etc, but not over 8 miles or I get sick
2. Would you rather run in the heat of summer or the icy winter? Heat of summer! I do not run in the cold. Exercise induced asthma kind of is the reason, but I just don’t find layering up and being outside very fun. In fact, I usually am cold in my house, so going outside is just awful!
3. Would you rather have new running shoes or a new running outfit? Running shoes! They are so expensive, and I need a new pair!
4. Would you rather run alone or in a group? I usually do all my running alone, so I would say that. I love running with my mom, but never run with friends or in groups. I really don’t have any friends around to run with, but I take it as my me time and just enjoy it.
5. Would you rather run next to someone in a race who tries to talk to you constantly or someone who breathes heavy and grunts? Depends- if I can wear headphones, I’d take the heavy breathing and grunts. If no headphones, I suppose I’d take the talker so the time goes by quicker!
6. Would you rather run a race because of the convenience (location, price, travel) or the swag? Convenience. I, honestly, have never known what I will get for signing up for a race before I sign up. I just like ones that are around where I live and aren’t too expensive.
7. Would you rather run a race with a group of friends or by yourself? By myself. I just do better when I am only battling myself and not trying to make sure I’m keeping up with friends, or confused about the pace we should be in.
8. Would you rather run a PR but result in an injury or finish strong and missing a PR? Finish strong and miss the PR. I love PRing, but I would rather not have an injury to side line me!
9. Would you rather eat a big meal the night before or a big meal after a race? I would say after. I am not very hungry right after a race, but with my stomach being so finicky, it would probably lead to a mess of a race if I ate something big the night before!
10. Would you rather be chased by a swarm of bees or a pack of dogs? Both scare me! Dogs, I guess? Bees frighten me and I always run away from them.
Thanks Cori! I loved filling this out!